A meal replacement beverage.
The cocoa version is like drinking chocolate ice cream, including the gummy mouth feel afterwards. It's definitely only a "treat" and not a meal replacement.
The vanilla has a definite flavor but is definitely tame. It also suffers from the mouth feel problem, which I think would be a problem for narration and singing.
See Soylent for a lot of notes which also apply to this product.
- For 2L of mix, 2 heaping scoops for a diet, 3 for someone active or over-average.
I got some chocolate.
Positives: Tasty like chocolate ice cream. Immediately removes the thought of hunger. Easier to make than Soylent (flows and mixes better). All other positives like Soylent. 35g of protein per meal.
Negatives: Leave a saliva and mucus reaction just like having eaten ice cream. Low vitamin D, though I use D3 supplements. Yes, they admitted to forgetting we're in Canada and need more Vitamin D. :)
2019-03-12 -- First ordered a sample pack for $0.99
- My initial impression was: Their chocolate is so rich it's like drinking a chocolate cake. The vanilla is light, and seems okay. I'm ordering more samples to do a proper test.
- It was cheap as all hell, and when it was delivered I was surprised to learn it included both a vanilla and a chocolate packet! They were small though.
- 2019-03-19 -- I had to struggle to figure out how many servings were in a tub, and ended up emailing them to have their website updated. They now link to the full label, which does show the number of meals (30 per tub).
- 2019-04-10 -- I ordered a double sample even though the price had gone up to $1.99
- 2019-07-21 -- My samples were taking a long time, so I emailed them to learn there were delays.
2019-07-24 -- I made an order of a full chocolate tub.
- I noticed the cost for samples has skyrocketed to $7.65 and they're shipping samples from the United States.
2019-07-26 -- It arrived on my doorstep this morning! Super fast shipping!
I didn't know what they meant by "scoop" since there wasn't one in the tub. I had to go searching on the net to find a post of a couple of other people looking with the same question. It's supposedly 100 mL and was buried in one guy's tub. I hunted some more and did end up finding a shitty plastic scoop which was labelled as 75 CC (75 mL).
Alternatives to Soylent ∞
- Canadrian's Robobread 0.5
- Robobread, low carb, soy variant (archive)
Investigate emergency meals, though they probably aren't be engineered as meal replacements.
- United States only?
- Update: Superbodyfuel, and all of their meals are Gluten-Free, Soy-Free and Vegan. The powders are vegan but the suggested method of use isn't.
Biolent - to try, free shipping in Canada for orders over $90
- Some reviews mention the artificial sweetener is awful.
- I've tried this, and it's gritty and has terrible flavours.
Unavailable in Canada ∞
- Huel does not ship to Canada.
- Jimmy Joy is in Europe.
https://www.viteramen.com/ does not ship to Canada.
- makesoylent.com and diy.soylent.com now redirect to completefoods.co
- makesoylent.com archive, recipes
- diy.soylent.com archive, recipes
- Nutient profile / calorie calculator