aka "Duke Nukem Whenever"
Sheepdot's 2004-09-27 comment ∞
https://science.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=123383&cid=10366123 [ 1 ] originally science.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=123383&cid=10366123
Holy sh*t, even in early 2009 it's not released.
- "We're confident that DNF will be one of the greatest, if not the greatest, game of 1998. And this confidence is not misplaced." -Scott Miller, 1997
- "Duke Nukem Forever is a 1999 game and we think that timeframe matches very well with what we have planned for the game." - George Broussard, 1998
- "Trust us, Duke Nukem Forever will rock when it comes out next year." -Joe Siegler, 1999
- "When it's done in 2001." -2000 Christmas card
- "DNF will come out before Unreal 2." -George Broussard, 2001
- "If DNF is not out in 2001, something's very wrong." -George Broussard, 2001
"DNF will come out before Doom 3." -George Broussard, 2002
- The Voyager 1 spacecraft has traveled approximately 2.5 billion miles since the announcement of Duke Nukem Forever.
- The rovers Spirit and Opportunity were proposed, authorized, announced, designed, launched and successfully landed upon Mars within the time frame of Duke Nukem Forever's development.
The majority of the children who were entering high school the school year following Duke Nukem Forever's announcement are now eligible to drink.
[ + ]