I have a hypothesis I've been playing with that would say that snowflakes and the semi-autistic are new and not normal human variation.
Intelligence, understood as measured IQ, can be predicted by the IQ of the parents, but there's more to think about.
I prefer to think about "smart" as something like the nexus of IQ, success and even self-reported happiness.
There are a lot of people who have been key, at least in hindsight, to my development.
I haven't really thought about populating this topic, but at a glance..
- Men grow unhappier after retiring, overtaking at age 85, NHS survey reveals.
- 72 percent of men aged 16-24 have stronger mental health.
- Twice as many same-aged women have poor mental health, the study found.
86 percent of men suffer severe mental illness issues over age 85.
There is a spectrum, of sorts, of creativity. Writers are particularly aware of this, and the culture describes two ways of writing. One side is more unplanned, and the other side is more structured.
These are good-quality gel pens.
These either replace the Bic VelocityGel or are a Walmart-specific cheap version.
Children of broken homes have an incredible disadvantage as young adults.
A set of exercises created by practicing psychology clinicians and academics, demonstrated to improve lives.
People who spend time writing carefully about themselves become happier, less anxious and depressed and physically healthier. They become more productive, persistent and engaged in life. This is because thinking about where you came from, who you are and where you are going helps you chart a simpler and more rewarding path through life.
This may take me quite some time to read through.
A classic work combining classic works.
I bought this because it's considered one of the great works of literature and has survived into common culture. Though I can see why this would have been popular at the time, especially thanks to the forward saying that the brief writing style was rare, I don't yet see why this would appeal to today's person. Perhaps it's just me, but so far I find the writing style rather insulting.
- 1887 - A Study in Scarlet
- 1890 - The Sign of the Four
- 1892 - The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes
- 1893 - The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
- 1902 - The Hound of the Baskervilles
- 1904 - The Return of Sherlock Holmes
- 1908 - The Adventure of Wisteria Lodge
- Sherlock Holmes
- Arthur Conan Doyle
- Properly titled The Illustrated Sherlock Holmes Treasury - Revised & Expanded
- ISBN 0-517-43614-0
ISBN 0-517-43614-2 (lib. ed.)
- Library edition?
They're introducing community guidelines..
- 2017-01-06 - Well shit, no wonder things started slipping.. they hired Coraline Ada Ehmke in early 2016.