- eXtensible PERl scripTable MUD client
Abandoned: As of 2020-05-14, not updated since 2004-03-30.
- This is primarily for BattletechMUX, but that was where Xpertmud's author haunted so there are software notes therein.
- Note: Navigate the archives by manually pasting/editing URLs.
- 2006-11-25 - cvs_xpertmud.sh on (distribution not recorded)
2005-07-04 - CVS on (distribution not recorded)
2006-11-25 - cvs_xpertmud.sh ∞
echo "<enter>" cvs -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/xpertmud login cvs -z3 -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/xpertmud co -P xpertmud cd xpertmud make distclean make -f Makefile.dist # --with-extra-libs= is pointing to the dir with libperl.so ./configure --enable-perl --disable-python --disable-ruby --with-extra-libs=/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/CORE/ #./configure --prefix=/home/user/.kde --enable-perl --disable-python --enable-ruby # echo Note that you'll need to add /home/user/.kde/bin to your path after completing the install. make
2005-07-04 - CVS ∞
Very easily installed RPM.
libperl-devlis required for Perl support. Synaptic had this.
I do have
libperl.so,it is found at:
echo "<enter>" cvs -d:pserver:email@example.com:/cvsroot/xpertmud login cvs -z3 -d:pserver:firstname.lastname@example.org:/cvsroot/xpertmud co -P xpertmud cd xpertmud make -f Makefile.dist ./configure --enable-perl --disable-python --enable-ruby make
./configure --enable-perl --disable-python --enable-ruby
- The font of
Console 13looks wonderful.
The windowing is godlike.
- It may be necessary to allow the loading/unloading of multiple parsers.. i.e. two or all of Perl/Python/Ruby.
Be able to quickly toggle between three colour modes:
- Be able to
middle-clickanywhere in the window and have it paste into the commandline.
- Be able to page up while typing, to visit the scrollback.
- Cannot connect to more than one server at a time with the same client. It's easy to fire up more than one occurance of the program though.
shift-deletedeletes but does not copy to the clipboard. shift-insert pastes.
- After unloading the parse, grey-out the option to unload the parser.
When I highlight text, have the highlight follow the text as it scrolls up.. the same as with an rxvt window.
- Ack, this cvs doesn't allow this anymore.
- There doesn't appear to be a way to get Ruby support enabled. There is no documentation for it. Argh. I've posted to the mailing list.
- http://xpertmud.sourceforge.net/docs/Perl_XM.html#Perl_XM_echoMode -- To turn echoing off (Perl).
- Cannot configure the colours and have they appear immediately, not in the buffered window or with future text.
Cannot configure the toolbar and have the results show immediately.
Scripting ideas ∞
- Stats plugin
Rest/Sleep - regen ring
- Show / time ticks. Notify for quest-time.
- Quest notification
- Quest timer plugin
- rauc notification
- Identify something and report back
Identification "memory" -- record all information about all past identifications.
- Try to understand equipment identifications to maintain an item history, so I don't have to keep re-identifying the stuff I've already identified and am wearing.
- Spellup for stats / levelling
Spellup for combat
Understand spell information: class, level, effects... in an array?
- Be aware of failed spells.
- Spells in a certain order.
- Know what spells are in effect and act accordingly.
Deal with running low / out of mana.
Regen (also associate with sleep)
Identify a weapon and store it in an array:
- Name / keyword(s)
- Storage location / keywords(s)
- Damage type
This way I can type "earth" and switch to the earth damagetype.
Switch to a lower level weapon of the same type if necessary.
If dual wielding (have it check or set a variable to remember)
Put items into a level-based array and have it automatically trade up after leveling.
telnet://btmux.com:5555 addcom xm=Xpertmud delcom pub