CD/DVD burning software. A frontend for: cdrecord, mkisofs, readcd, sox, flac, dvd+rw-format/dvd+rw-tools, cdrdao
I don't want to use CDs or DVDs any more. I stopped some time ago.
Using CDs and DVDs had been a long-time burden for many using Linux distributions, since many are stuck in the dark ages. These days, I require them to use a USB stick.
First introduced to me by KateOS on 2009-03.
- (date not recorded) - (version not recorded) on PCLinuxOS (version not recorded)
- 2010-01-05 - 0.3.12-5 on Unity Linux 64bit-beta2, updated 2010-01-05.
- 2009-12-29 - (version not recorded) on Unity Linux 64bit-beta1, updated 2009-12-28.
- 2009-07-19 - 0.3.12-5 on Slackware 12.2, updated 2009-07-18.
- graveman was probably an older version than what would have been available at this date, because the distro was a bit dated.
2009-03-15 - graveman replaced k3b
- I was first introduced to graveman when testing KateOS.
(date not recorded) - (version not recorded) ∞
apt-get install graveman
su chown user:user /dev/hda chown user:user /dev/hdb
- start graveman.
- in the menu:
File > Preferences
- at the top, choose the
right-clickon whatever is there and remove it.
manually add a device
- DVD-R at
- DVD-RW at
- DVD-R at
cdrecord -scanbus will give the proper device names and locations, if you wish. I had issues using the locations given, so I stuck with
/dev/hda and such.
2010-01-05 - 0.3.12-5 ∞
- A regular user can't burn disks
Even as root, when I try to append to a disk, I get:
- I think all burning is fubared.. sigh.
(graveman:9142): GVFS-RemoteVolumeMonitor-WARNING **: cannot connect to the session bus: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NoReply: Did not receive a reply. Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, or the network connection was broken.
2009-12-29 - (version not recorded) ∞
Graveman doesn't give any hint as to how much working space exists on a disk which already has a session. I cannot import an existing session to look at it, change it etc. So this means I cannot "virtually remove" files from an existing session either.
2009-07-19 - 0.3.12-5 ∞
./configure make make install
Works very well.
2009-03-15 - (version not recorded) ∞
What an amazing program. I think it'll easily replace k3b.
- It flakes out when you try to re-erase an already-erased CDRW. Strange. I thought some disks were bad because of this issue.
No write verification?