Humanity gets its ass kicked by alien invaders and begins a new generation of fighters, including a special forces unit.
It's a big ball of youth-friendly "meh".
"When I understand my enemy well enough to
defeat him, then in that moment, I also love him."
- 1:15 -- Narration. Which I won't type out.
- 1:30 -- See also Independence Day - (1996 movie)
- 1:45 -- This is going to be yet another movie which doesn't understand "smart".
- 3:45 -- I get the impression that he's a bit of a psychopath..
- 33:45 -- As-salamu alaykum
- 35:30 -- I do want to mention the reaction to there being a girl with them, and how a white knight immediately flinched to rescue her as soon as the mean bad man might have hurt her feelings.
- 42:30 -- Better run off and save the girl; coed units don't work.
- 49:00 -- Boot camp
- 51:15 -- He asked a direct question and only got a salute.
- 53:45 -- You can work with a twisted ankle in zero-G.
- 58:15 -- His lady friend can't stay with his unit.
- 1:02:00 -- This movie doesn't even begin to delve into the complexities of the change in mindset of an actual veteran.
- 1:14:30 -- Māori people
- 1:15:15 -- Water is plentiful in the universe, why go to Earth for it?
- 1:15:45 -- Did she get transferred to his unit?
- 1:16:30 -- We don't have an unsustainable population growth..
- 1:24:15 -- Telepathy
- 1:25:15 -- Why would he grab the kid instead of just making some noise?
- 1:34:00 -- Maybe don't scar them for life?
- 1:37:30 -- Why would she drug him?
- 1:40:30 -- The communication thing makes no sense..
1:45:15 -- They left him to his own devices? What?