2022-11-19 - (10.15 and 10.15.7) ∞
Some of these notes are for 10.15 - I'm surprised 10.15.7 was available given that support has been dropped.
- ? turbo boost switcher - copy to app
- Doesn't seem to work
TODO - burn ISO to a USB stick the traditional way..
- I ended up not needing to do this
- TODO - Learn to
control-cursorto word-hop, and note them
- Login screen - cannot interact with the top-right. e.g. I cannot determine the date or change the WiFi network.
- The login screen is quick to put the screen to sleep. There is no setting for this, not that I'd want one.
- Dark mode is awful because of the screen viewing angle.
- Settings changes are immediate. There is no easy way to change, test, and revert
- x Amphetamine Beta - "This beta has expired"
- TODO - Amphetamine
- x P - Karabiner-Elements is for a newer macOS
- P - KeyRemap4MacBook 9.3.0
- P - doublecommand - abandoned, doesn't work?
- P/Terminal - Brew
Brew - easy-moveresize (via Brew)
- resize doesn't work
- Safari 16.6.1
- Installed MiddleClick
- Jesus fucking christ I need to use the
Fn-deletekey to delete a character. So much for unmapping the
Fnkey so I don't hurt my hands using
- TODO - MacPorts
- Settings > Profiles > Shell > when exits / close
SIGINTto display info about the foreground process.
top bar - right-click battery - show percentage
- tap click
- [x] natural
- 3-finger is really nice but I want one-click for consistency with Linux.
- Drag-lock is kindof neat but not like Linux. It's annoying.
- hotkey-drag is exactly what I want though, so it'll do
Remap Fn to Ctrl
- Cannot remap another key to function
- If disabling Fn, be sure to set the keyboard backlighting to your preferred setting.
- TODO - some other hotkey to be able to adjust the keyboard backlighting, etc?
- Shortcut > services > "convert..."
- Alternate actions for menu right-click
- [x] reduce motion -- makes the desktop switch change from sliding to fading, which is even more annoying!
TODO - location
- A neat feature.