A hooker is picked up by a business man and they end up spending a week together, encouraging both her transformation and his.
Strongly disliked. With overtones of all manner of female masterbatory bullshit from hypergamy to princess-saving, this film is a tooth-grinder.
This is a wonderful classic. It can only, however, be appreciated in its context. 1990 was in innocent times it seems.
There are so many things which I found utterly abhorrent about this movie, but the prostitute aspect isn't one of them. She is portrayed as choosing the job, being safe, getting checked out and otherwise being forever-aware of her situation. The character isn't spat upon as it would be in many other movies.
Everything else, however, is all about a woman's hypergamy and a man providing. This grates on me so damned much. I had very high hopes about re-watching this but was let down hard.
2007-02-09 - 15th Anniversary Special Edition ∞
Man there's a lot of hot music in this movie.
- 0:04:00 -- That's The King of Wishful Thinking
- 0:05:00 -- That's probably Wild One// Iggy Pop, but I'm not sure..
- 0:09:20 -- That's Fame by David Bowie.
- 0:28:00 ~~ That's probably I Love Lucy on the tube.
- 0:30:00 -- Umm, so did he get a blowjob and go have a shower, or what?
- 0:40:15 -- That's Wild Women Do by Natalie Cole which also has a music video on the DVD.
- 0:57:35 -- Uh, no kissing because you can get STDs.
- 0:59:00 -- I don't know what that movie is.
- 1:08:30 -- What's that song?
- 1:13:00 -- No bra. ;)
- 1:17:25 -- This scene was brought to you by Diet Coke.
- 1:28:00 ~~ Opera
- 1:31:00 -- Bach
- 1:33:58 -- Nice nipple-shot.
- 1:35:55 -- Ok, so there's some nudity. Sortof.
- 1:54:50 -- That's It Must Have Been Love by Roxette
- 2:01:35 -- That's Oh, Pretty Woman by Roy Orbison
2:03:00 -- Dunno what song that is.