A tower defence game with space ships.
I didn't play a whole lot of this, because the novelty wore off with the first one. However, it looks like this is more of the same: Highly customizable and extremely fun, but with poor replayability. Worth a bit of coin if you're a fan of tower defence games.
I was able to utterly blow away the first two practice missions. It does look like it gets a lot harder. I think maybe this isn't really for me right now or perhaps isn't my thing any more. I think I would like this game a moderate amount if I spent more time with it.
Playing a few hours in, the UI is really annoying. That alone makes this game extraordinarily hard. I hate having to fight the game itself to figure all my shit out. I'm giving this a pass.
Like its predecessor, bonus points for the author throwing away all sense of storyline. Fuck all that shit, I just want gameplay. I'm not joking.
- Preceded by Gratuitous Space Battles
Support was dropped for this game. See Indie game developers move on. Or they fail.
- I'm immediately wowed by the music.
- I hate fullscreen mode, tabbing sucks hard.
- The music restarts at the dumbest times. That's jarring.
- Saving should automatically suggest a name, like -copy1 etc.
- It would be nice if saving/loading gave dates/times.
- It would be nice if I could know more about my ships as I was deploying them. It seems confusing to me.
- Cannot undo a ship change.
- I cannot know what type of ship class I'm up against.
- "New ship" enters design mode. It should just say "Design".
- I was expecting the sub-deployment feature to let me.. deploy that set of ships that I saved. So I can easily drop a group of ships into a formation. Do I misunderstand this feature? What does it do?
- When loading, cannot double-click an item to load it.
- If my hull is 100%, why am I on fire?
- I don't know.. there seems to be a lot of complexity there.. and things could be made more straightforward.
- I wish I could zoom out more.
I wish it started the map right away instead of making me press any key.
- I guess this is okay, since it may take some time for the caching to take place.
The cursor is wonky in many places.
- When typing the ship's name makes it hard to know where the cursor actually is. There's a space before it.
- Also cannot control-a, or shift-home.
- 'del' does nothing.
- Cannot press enter.
One of my deployments bugged out.. everything seems to be in formation with some odd thing off to the top-left. Starting the fight crashes.
- This is reproducible. I saved this data. It is the third planet of the single-off fighting, named '1 - bugged'.
- I thought this was related to formations and using the sub-deployment feature, but I can reproduce it.
- The damned voice gets annoying.
- Can't click on ships mid-battle to see what's up. I have to click the left mess of ships.
With lots of shit in the way, pressing escape mid-battle will prompt to exit the fight.. not close the windows. Sigh.
I'm getting too frustrated at the UI to continue..