Dying of cancer, a dishonourably-discharged special forces soldier submits to experimentation to save his life, which was actually to enslave him and resulted in mutant powers with a scarring side effect, forcing him to hunt down his creator for both revenge and the cure.
An adequate movie on-par with the other adequate superhero movies. This has some significant laugh-out-loud moments, and with a lot of blood and cursing to make it an R-rated movie, it rides on the ho-hum samey-same superhero movie trend all the way to success.
Features nothing new or interesting in the expanded universe. In fact, involves nothing from any other movie whatsoever.
Recommended for those who are hipster for the "superhero genre" movie trend.
- Deadpool - (2016 movie)
- The entire opening seems to be shark-jumping. Come on, guys, this is not good.
- What's with the snarky crap at the start?
- 4:30 -- Deadpool's appearance isn't supposed to be something actually revealed to people. I thought a huge part of the comic books was not doing this. I guess shortcuts had to be made for the movie and its distinct audience.
- 9:00 -- I never understood why movies portray everyday drivers continuing to follow along. Gunfire is pretty loud. Plus there is the trail of wrecks they've been leaving.
- 9:30 -- Uh. Colossus not supposed to normally be in his adamantium form.
- 10:30 -- That car is not cover.
- 11:00 -- Oh, he has two guns now.
- 12:30 -- Shoot him some more when he's down.
- 14:00 -- No, technically that's self-defense. Sortof.
17:00 -- And there's the protector-man. I wonder if he's been manipulated by women to do that.
- Oh, he's a merc.
20:00 -- Fat Gandalf
- From The Hobbit - (1937 book), by J.R.R. Tolkien universe, though this more likely references the The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring - (2001 movie) trilogy since everything else is a movie reference.
- 22:00 -- Oh. Man.
- 25:00 -- Boy does she look way better with long hair.
- 25:15 -- "Stick it in my".. ass.
- 26:15 -- They don't make Polaroids anymore. How long will this movie-meme continue?
29:30 -- A radioactive Shar Pei.
- A reference to Spiderman, who got bit by a radioactive spider.
- 32:00 -- Liam Neeson, and a reference to the Taken (film) series, which he starred in.
- 36:00 -- "Zip it Sinead" (Sinéad O'Connor, who shaved her head)
- 36:00 -- "All the dinosaurs fear the T-Rex."
- 37:00 -- 127 Hours (2010)
- 39:00 -- "I'm calling wang" (?)
- 38:00 -- "Or just a big Stallone fan." .. I don't know what movie(s) he's referring to.
- 41:00 -- Basil Fawlty, of Fawlty Towers
- 49:00 -- Very V for Vendetta - (2005 movie).
- 51:30 -- See also The Terminator - (1984 movie).
- 54:00 -- See also Darkman - (1990 movie).
- 55:00 -- Avocado
- 58:00 -- Zamboni = Ice resurfacer
- 1:00:00 -- This fucking flashbacking is annoying.
- 1:02:00 -- This scene is brought to you by IKEA.
- 1:04:30 -- KFC Spork
- 1:05:00 -- "I bet it feels huge in this hand." is a reference to masturbation. And a bit more that I won't write out.
- 1:06:30 -- "Have fun at your midnight showing of Blade 2 - (2002 movie)."
- 1:07:00 -- Fuck off Stan Lee, you're a fucking blight on these movies.
- 1:13:45 -- Ripley, from Alien 3 - (1992 movie).
- 1:14:00 -- "An offer you can't refuse" is from The Godfather - (1972 movie).
- 1:14:30 -- Cocoon - (1985 movie)
- 1:18:30 -- Prom sex.
- 1:20:00 -- He pulled his underwear out right off of himself, and his "commando" reference is a reference to going commando (without underwear).
- 1:20:00 -- Now he has a throwing dagger?
- 1:29:00 -- Umm. She died. From that height, who gives a flying fuck if she was in a box.
- 1:31:15 -- "In these moments--" <bang>
- 1:33:30 -- His mask is of Hugh Jackman, who played Wolverine, who was referenced earlier.
- 1:34:30 -- Beast (comics)
- 1:34:30 -- Nothing Compares 2 U - (1990 song), by Sinéad O'Connor
1:35:30 -- Wham! - (band)
The final "chicka chicka" I know from Ferris Bueller's Day Off - (1986 movie) which had this in a song.
[ + ]