The fates of two dumbasses is challenged by an man from their future, bent on bending their future-utopia into his world-domination.
An excellent movie. Though it does suffer from some generation-drift, it suffers far less than its predecessor. It's not childish, but it is light enough to be "young". Enjoyable, well-written and recommended. Grab a beer and some popcorn with your buddies and enjoy this at least once.
- Continues from Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure - (1989 movie)
- This movie was originally titled Bill & Ted Go to Hell
This movie inspired a one-shot comic book, and then the comic book series Bill & Ted's Excellent Comic Book.
- 0:45 -- San Dimas, California, United States, 2691 A.D.
- 4:15 -- Benjamin Franklin, Aretha Franklin
- 7:00 -- Metalheads (Heavy metal subculture)
- 8:30 -- It's a bad idea to mix businesses with pleasure. Having their somehow-girlfriends in the band opens the door to drama.
- 9:00 -- Is that Chaka Khan? Oh, it's Pam Grier..
- 10:00 -- Last is best in many circumstances. Being the opening act is hard. Being the last makes it important to beat the rest, but it is the most memorable.
- 13:30 -- This scene is brought to you by Pepsi.
15:15 -- Oh the cheek?
- They stand up, and only Ted seems to get a lip-kiss.
- 17:00 -- I would have them destroy the time machine. It appears it's the only one. Or better yet, have it sent back for reinforcements.
- 17:30 -- Chaste (Chastity)
- 18:30 -- Oh, they're sending the booth away. Called it. Though I've seen this before, so I presume that's why I can.
19:00 -- I remember that episode of Star Trek (1966-1969)
- Some years later, it became a meme to go there and recreate that scene.
- Hell, earlier at the Circle-K had Marlboro (cigarette)
- 21:30 -- "I got a full-on robot chubby." (Erection
- 27:00 -- Grim reaper (Death (personification))
28:00 -- Melvin (Wedgie)
- A Melvin is from the front, and the movie does a wedgie from behind.
- 29:00 -- Ruffles
- 30:45 -- Parental leave, Moonlighting
- 34:15 -- Babbling, speaking in tongues (Glossolalia)
- 34:45 -- New Age
- 35:45 -- Spell (paranormal) (Banishment)
- 37:30 -- Twenty Questions, Tank
- 37:45 -- Hell, Album cover
- 38:15 -- Sign of the devil (Sign of the horns), Devil
- 39:00 -- Megadeth (Gramophone record collection)
- 39:30 -- Beelzebub
- "Girly push ups" have one's knees on the floor. Because females have remarkably lesser upper body strength compared to males.
- Also, "girl" is an indication of youth and therefore a complementary term for females, whose ego with respect to appearance to males strongly relies their reproductive value. The young have much higher reproductive value than the old, so an age-diminutive becomes complementary.
- 42:30 -- Split up? Wut?
- 47:00 -- Battleship (game)
- 48:30 -- Clue (Cluedo)
- 49:00 -- Miggle Electric football
- 49:15 -- Twister (game)
- 50:30 -- Sportsmanship
- 51:30 -- (Don't Fear) The Reaper (1976), by Blue Öyster Cult
- 52:15 -- Heaven
54:00 -- Meaning of life
- 55:45 -- Mugging (Robbery)
- 56:15 -- Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Uranus (your Anus)
- 56:45 -- God (Monotheism, Christian mythology)
- 59:15 -- Trash their relationships? That's already done.
- There are two guys on Bill's side. The guy on the right is meant to be Albert Einstein, but I don't know who the oriental guy to his left is.
- There are two guys to the right of Ted. The one with the glasses is probably meant to be Benjamin Franklin. I have no idea who the black guy to the extreme right might be.
- Movie (Film), Fire, Cigarettes, Smoke,
- 1:00:30 -- Butch and Sundance: The Early Days (1979)
- 1:00:45 -- Upstairs, playing chess, is probably meant to be Marilyn Monroe. I don't know who she's playing with.
1:00:45 -- Smokey and the Bandit Part 3 (1983-08-12)
- "Smokey is the bandit", which is a reference I don't know.
- 1:01:00 -- Charades
- 1:04:30 -- Builders Emporium did exist at the time, but has since become defunct.
- 1:05:45 -- While on the phone, bill was using a wet wipe to clean himself.
- 1:06:15 -- Smoking kills.
- 1:10:30 -- I was going to comment on how forward it was to have a gay couple in a 1991 movie, but then a pile of women flood in and I'm all "dudes! well done!"
- I think "Pretzels N' Cheese" is fictional.
- 1:11:30 -- Wow, her lace-esque top is incredibly hot.
- 1:12:45 -- Buttocks, Reaping (Harvest, exercise), Gluteus maximus muscles, Calories
- 1:19:30 -- A little moment for a sexual fetish for cock and ball torture
1:19:45 -- "Book 'em, Danno" is from Hawaii Five-O (1968-10-20 - 1980-04-06)
- An entirely-dated reference that would have gone over the heads of all but the parents of the target audience.
- 1:21:00 -- Gym teacher (of Physical education), Sit-up
- 1:25:00 -- God Gave Rock and Roll to You (1973), by Argent, covered by Kiss in 1991.
I could research and list every magazine and newspaper being shown, but I won't.