A games console.
- TODO: Using a hard drive: v9InpNWjvNE
- Running PlayStation 2 games over a network
Running PlayStation 1 games from a USB stick on a PlayStation 2
- TODO: POPStarter
(2006-04-14 or earlier)
I got an enhanced PS/2 which can do progressive scan (480p) playback for progressive scan TVs. For the longest time I didn't have an uber-TV, but now I have the Dell 2405FPW. I picked up a very high quality cable and switchbox and have things set up nicely. The digital video certainly makes a big difference. Too bad this doesn't do HD (720p/1080i) though.
For the longest time I just didn't care much about this thing. I wanted a DVD player but this was pushed upon me. At the time I already had a DVD player too, so it was largely unused for a long time. It remained that way for a couple of years until I decided to go out and buy some more games.
I cannot access the adult lock controls.. I want to turn them the fuck off.
This is the last revision which has the internal power supply and can have an internal hard drive. No firewire port.
- IoCD9TwLrVs -- Better than the PS/3 for playing PS/2 games!
https://www.gamespot.com/articles/ps3-backward-compatibility-site-ol/1100-6178433/ [ 1 ] was http://www.gamespot.com/news/6178433.html - more on backwards compatibility.
My system and accessories ∞
- This is the special edition enhanced PS/2 which can do progressive scan (480p) playback for progressive scan TVs.
2 official controllers
Official remote control
- Official cables (power, video)
- S-video combo-cable (for HD displays or good monitors)
- Nexxtech 1518252 6-in 1 passive audio/video/s-video switchbox.
- Evolution II s-video cable
Datel Electronics DUS0111-I 64MB Max Memory for PS2
A pile of other cables and connectors.
I jumped through some hoops for Connecting a PlayStation 2 to a contemporary monitor.
- 1st place-HDMI cable
- 2nd place-Component cables
- 3rd place-s-video cable
- 4th place-standard av composite cables
5th place-rf connectors
The PlayStation 2 doesn't have HDMI, and I don't think it can do component. S-Video is really great, but I have to use an adapter/converter/scaler box.
Playing Region 1 DVDs ∞
- Load the DVD into the PlayStation 2.
- At the browser screen, select the
- Press and hold
circleuntil the DVD menu appears, holding both buttons all the time.
Then there are two ways to play the movie:
- Select the
- Select the
movie starticon which is in the middle to the far left.
- Select the
If one doesn't work the other one will.
Games I have/had ∞
- I got the PAL version by mistake. =(
- Madden NFL 2004
- Mark Davis Pro Bass Challenge
- Metal Gear Solid 2 - Sons of Liberty
- Metal Of Honor Frontline
Psyvariar (complete edition)
- PAL version! =(
- There's a Psyvariar 2.
- Fucking one-shot-kill games.. too annoying.
EA Sports - Madden NFL 2004
- Like new, but the front of the plastic has some wrinkes and sticker remnants. I'd replace it, but it also has the official hologram.
- Online playable, although I never tried that.
Software notes ∞
[ + ]