During the thrashing of an epileptic seizure, an editor stitches together bits of various unrelated shorts into a single movie filled with famous people and great music.
If one can labour past the non science-fiction, it's pretty good. In fact, I think if one cut out everything except two of the storylines, they would make for good shorts. I may do that one day.
I wouldn't imagine this to have been a critical success.
- 1:45 -- What the fuck was all that?
- 2:45 -- Wow, this movie is self-aware, begging the audience to like the movie..
Truth is singular.
Its versions are mistrust.
.. and I recognize her. I can't place from where.
- Oh, I recognize her from this movie.
- 5:15 -- Pacific Islands, 1849
6:15 -- "Moore's ladder of civilization"
- 9:30 -- Cambridge United States, 1936
- 10:30 -- Edinburgh?
- 11:00 -- Robert Frobisher is fictional.
- 13:30 -- Oh god that's awful.
- 14:30 -- San Francisco United States, 1973
- 15:15 -- Age of Chivalry
16:15 -- Spyglass Magazine is fictional.
- 18:30 -- Journalism ethics and standards.
- 19:15 -- London England, 2012
- 19:30 -- Publisher
Mister Haggins should apologize to the trees felled for the making of his bloated autobio novel four-hundred vain-glorious pages expire in an ending that is flat and inane beyond belief.
- A play on Neo Tokyo
- 25:00 -- The odd hair exaggerating their rounded head is a beauty style in South Korea. Since they generally have "flat heads" at the back, shaped hair makes a wearer stand out.
- 25:45 -- I think I recognize the ass-grabber.
- 26:00 -- The first catechism is "honour thy consumer".
- 27:00 -- Una 939
- 31:15 -- Forcing her death in public is just silly. It's bad for business, for one.
- 31:30 -- Big Isle, 106 winters after The Fall.
- 32:30 -- Oh my, that looks like Hugo Weaving, from The Lord of the Rings - The Fellowship of the Ring - (2001 movie)
- 35:15 -- This obnoxious talking needs subtitles.
- 39:15 -- Sonmi 451
- 46:00 -- Rad level = Radiation exposure
- 47:30 -- Oh, I was right about it being Hugo Weaving.
- 48:45 -- .. why ever would that look like a suicide?
- 53:30 -- The Revelation of Sonmi 451 - As recorded by Archivist Park
- 57:45 -- Only a handful of copies in all of North America? Then it would be stupidly-valuable.
- 1:01:30 -- I'm confused about the entire storyline with her. If she's from offworld, then she has a ship. If she has a ship, then walking is fucking retarded. Describing some sort of difficulty landing there would be useful, even if describing how they can't show they're space-faring.
- 1:08:45 -- "Soylent green is made of people!" is from Soylent Green - (1973 movie)
You can maintain power over people as long as you give them something. Rob a man of everything, and that man will no longer be in your power.
1:11:45 -- "Women's lib" = Feminist movement.
- .. no relation to today.
- 1:14:00 -- The brother's age-makeup looks terrible.
- 1:24:15 -- Carlos Castaneda
- 1:30:30 -- Workplace harassment.
- 1:36:15 -- How couldn't someone tell if a phone is being pulled out of their pocket like that? Sigh.
- 1:46:45 -- Oh, so she's from on-world..
1:50:45 -- Korean War
- The guy on the left reminds me Denzel Washington.
- 1:52:00 -- "Judasin" is a reference to Judas Iscariot and the Kiss of Judas.
- 1:53:00 -- PLO = Palestine Liberation Organization
- 1:54:00 -- Big Oil
- 2:07:00 -- Don't they have the keys? I guess "the female" isn't out there with them..
- 2:09:00 -- He fired all six rounds.
- 2:10:00 -- Wow, they kept track of bullets. He also used a Speedloader.
- 2:14:00 -- "Wetback"
- 2:16:15 -- The door was locked.
- 2:31:45 -- Why ever would he kill himself, if he saw his love? None of this makes sense..
- 2:35:30 -- The hell that's a fucking disturbingly ugly woman.
2:38:30 -- She's his daughter. How?
- Also, what's this about a contact? I wasn't paying attention to what it was in the first place, and now I have no clue what all this is about.
2:41:30 -- What. I guess they're in the same solar system, perhaps..