X11 GUI. GTK+/2 and QT3 support out of the box.
A complete collection of files. It looks very easy to recompile applications for.
Also has another guy who is modding it with some interesting results. His mods create a combination X and Qt environment, to run both kinds of applications.
As of 2010-05-27 pdaxrom.org hosts nothing.
The OESF forum is still active.
r198 (test release) was never tested.
- 1.1.0r121 was untested, because their fileserver was broken.
- 1.1.0beta4 - 1.1.0beta4 got shifted into the
r####series of alphas.
1.1.0beta3 - 1.1.0beta3 got updated, and became pdaXii13
- https://www.thesounddesign.com/zaurus/beta3.htm -- Tweaks and HOWTOs for beta3 (which is old).
- see also https://sdjf.wordpress.com/
Tips and tricks ∞
set the suid bit on busybox so the zaurus user can su and do other things.
- Config files of individual apps can be modified to specify a size. Some require recompilation with certain options.
Wallpapers are png files.
- Right Click: Hold down
Fnand tap with stylus
Middle Click: Hold down the right
Shiftkey and tap with the stylus.
Customising the window manager ∞
- http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13050 -- KDE
- http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=8280 -- pdaXrom-Fvwm, more eyecandy, less memory usage
- http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=7615 -- enlightenment
Openbox has diverged from its roots.
http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=3942 -- Working with ROX
http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=18569 -- > Running X Over The Network, Using a PC to control a Zaurus
http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9654 -- Debian chrooted installation.
http://www.oesf.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=554 -- editing the key definition.
"Portrait" mode, ie default for 5500 series:
\xrandr -o left
"Landscape" mode, ie default for 7x0 series:
\xrandr -o normal
left/middle/right mouse clicks ∞
mapped the Calendar, Address and Mail keys to toggle the mouse buttons
- Calendar=mouse left
- Address=mouse middle
I did this with Sash's help pointing me to the right file.
To do this, edit
take the lines:
keycode=49, Control, Exec, xmodmap -e "pointer = 1 2 3", NoFork, NoAutoRepeat keycode=50, Control, Exec, xmodmap -e "pointer = 2 1 3", NoFork, NoAutoRepeat keycode=51, Control, Exec, xmodmap -e "pointer = 3 2 1", NoFork, NoAutoRepeat
98 respectively on each line. Then replace
none on each line, then save and reboot.
Now I can change the screen taps with one key stroke. It's much easier/faster to navigate now.
On the 2.6 kernels, the
SysRq key is mapped to the
Alt+Home key combination. See above to find the
Alt key. The procedure for generating a
SysRq+x request is:
Press the second key (
xin the above example) whilst still holding
See SysRq for valid values of x.