Born as the survivor of a bitten-pregnancy, a part-vampire "day walker" continues his crusade amidst one of their ranks' power play for leadership.
A classic movie, before the whole superhero genre got entirely out of hand. It's an unfortunate rewriting of the original comic book, but it does well with what it has. It's blunt and stiff, yet entertaining.
It has only a couple of moments of technology which feel old, otherwise it has held up well.
- 0:45 -- 1967
1:15 -- I think that negro's license has expired.
|Date of Birth||2/16/44|
|Previous License Number||NONE|
- 2:15 -- Today
- 2:15 -- Traci Lords. Yes, she did.
- 11:30 -- Hematology
- 14:30 -- Isn't that ambulance leaving the hospital?
- 15:00 -- Hey look, free woman.
15:15 -- He's holding someone, don't fucking shoot..
- (insert comment about cops shooting black men)
- 15:45 -- He's still fucking holding someone.
- 16:00 -- He's st-- oh whatever. Maybe they're using negro-seeking bull-- oh wait.
- 17:45 -- Bad Moon Rising - (1969 song), by Creedence Clearwater Revival
- 22:00 -- How does anyone get born a vampire?
22:45 -- I'd kill him for that threat.
- .. though he did make some good points.
- 29:15 -- Well now, that doesn't answer her question does it? So.. just where is she supposed to go?
- 29:30 -- Others?
- 37:30 -- So she should immediately point out the other two she saw a moment earlier.
- 37:45 -- March of Dimes
- 51:15 -- This is obviously vampirephobia and he's a bigot against the religion of vampires.
- 55:00 -- That subway train moment was also found in Underworld - (2003 movie) (@ 8:20).
- 57:00 -- How fucking long are these subway trains?
- 1:06:30 -- EDTA = Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid
- 1:10:15 -- Uncle Tom is a character from Uncle Tom's Cabin - (1852 book), by Harriet Beecher Stowe
- 1:39:15 -- After watching this numerous times, this is the first time I've heard this as "Then why are you sweating, pureblood?" as opposed to "Then why are you sweating pure-blood?". Her accent and delivery really sucked for English's nuance.
- 1:40:45 -- Hyperthelemic(?)
- 1:42:15 -- She tore his shirt open, giving a ripping sound but probably only popping buttons. When he is next seen, his shirt is intact. I guess maybe his bottom buttons got popped off.
- 1:46:30 -- If that's the bone what's-her-face used to climb out, then it's too long.
- 1:48:45 -- How many rounds does an average shotgun hold?
- 1:49:45 -- Where'd Frost's sword come from?
- 1:51:00 -- Pieces of his shirt were cut off.. but his shirt is fine.
1:53:30 -- Good thing she's doing so damned well.. after being bitten.