lichen lychen lycan werewolves continue their centuries-long war, but the werewolves seek to gain the upper hand in hunting down a particular human.
A great movie which would be well-loved except for the unexplained, unnecessary and horrifying coloured contacts and occasional plot holes. Oh, and a more convincing main bad guy. Hot actors and convincing characters.. that about sums up my expectations for bubblegum action movies like this.
I have two versions, but I seem to have misplaced one. =(
Holy shit it's been a year.
- 1:00 -- The grain is real.
- 2:30 -- At least the grainyness goes away.
- 2:45 -- Good thing nobody noticed her leaping down into the streets.
3:30 -- "South Terminus"? Oh, it's a train station end destination.
- This explains how their den could be there.
- 5:00 -- I really wish she was cast in The Matrix - (1999 movie)
- 5:15 -- Wow she has a lot of ammo. At least he was shown reloading.
- 5:30 -- The civilian would have been hit by one of the special bullets.
- 6:15 -- Now she's using single-shots?
- 7:30 -- I guess when the werewolf was werewolfing, the vampire was somehow vamping-out too, which is why he paused the fight..
- 8:30 -- Doesn't she have super-smell, at least for blood?
- 9:00 -- Good thing the guy missed the first shot..
- 9:30 -- There sure are a lot of bullets in that magazine.
- 11:30 -- Having a weak little man as the alpha really is jarring.
- 13:00 -- Ultraviolet ammunition
- 13:15 -- No, it's not a random incursion, there's a missing soldier.
13:15 -- Sophia Myles is hot.
- When working on a good screenshot, I now notice the two guys in the background glancing at one another.
- 16:15 -- This is odd film making. I would think the passage of time is consistent with the two perspectives, meaning this guy would have been wandering around in the tunnels.
20:00 -- Wow these guys live in filth.
- What were they planning to do with that guy? Kill him? Turn him and apologize after?
- 20:45 -- A couple of hours off. Harsh.
- 20:45 -- Medical school students have a very very difficult time.
- 22:00 -- Ag is the chemical symbol for Silver. I only just caught this.
- 23:30 -- Wait, I thought this was taking place in the United States. If this is in Britain then I guess Michael.. and his co-student are Americans studying abroad. I never caught on at the location.
- 24:25 -- This isn't just a homage to, but is actual footage from The Matrix - (1999 movie).
- 25:15 -- The police officers aren't British.
- 25:45 -- Again, the timing is odd.. a lot of things happened from one location to the other. Was the student planning on making it home for only a short duration? Or maybe he went out and did other stuff before getting home.
- 27:15 -- She could have used all that ammo to win the Vietnam War. Or maybe shoot down her somehow-slow assailants.
- 28:45 -- Good thing her attackers didn't make it down that hole. Presumably it was too small. I guess they stayed up there playing cards or something.
- 29:15 -- He can't feel his wound? Maybe there's some sort of mosquito-like pain killing happening there, and he really can't.
- 30:00 -- Why did she wait to get stabbed before stopping the car or otherwise doing something about it?
31:45 -- The car has several holes in its roof.
- 32:00 -- Hey look, free woman.
- 33:00 -- Tearing a hoodie with one's teeth is a hell of a feat.
- 33:30 -- Well he cleaned it off nicely.
- 34:00 -- Interesting how bad guys are recently being portrayed as smokers..
- 40:30 -- Viktor mentioned Lucien earlier.. in the present-tense, as though he were alive.
- 43:15 -- There are either references or notes written in red.
- 48:15 -- Everything about this room and this scene is amazing. Except the fucking coffin-wobble. It's so out of place it's distracting.
- 52:30 -- How long was he waiting out in the rain before yelling to get in? Kraven came to the security room really quickly.
- 52:30 -- Wait, what? There's a back door to that secure room? Well that's stupid.
- 1:04:30 -- Okay, so there's an "over here".. so this makes his co-worker and the two police officers out of place with no explanation.
- 1:07:45 -- Holy shit, is Nokia in all movies like this?
- 1:10:30 -- Fourteen centuries is less than a better part of a thousand years, so this war hasn't been going on for too long compared to their total length of relationship.
- 1:14:45 -- She does it for me, as with the girl in, I believe Blade 2 - (2002 movie).
- 1:15:45 -- Guard dogs are generally quiet unless they found something worth barking about.
- 1:17:30 -- Why would the gate be open?
- 1:18:00 -- His right shoulder is odd.
- 1:20:00 -- Why shoot the glass?
- 1:21:00 -- Someone ought to know where this is set based on that police car.
- 1:26:30 -- The fifth century places their genesis.
- 1:29:00 -- Platelet
- 1:29:45 -- His use of "whom" is one of my strongest impressions of this (correct) usage.
1:50:30 -- Oh, she can shoot through chains.
- Strong opening. But is the whole movie going to be this grainy?
- 3:30 -- This scene is brought to you by Bacardi Rum.
- 3:35 -- God damn, Kate Beckinsale is pretty.
- 4:30 -- He shouts "Bloods". This is not a reference to the street gang Bloods, but to vampires.
- 5:00 -- Definitely not Trinity from The Matrix - (1999 movie).
- 7:30 -- I understand the artistry in it, but why would the vampire stay as-is? I either would have attacked straight off or fled. Probably the latter.
- 8:20 -- Nice vampire hearing there, being surprised by a subway train.
- 8:45 -- Still hot.
- 9:05 -- Now she has mystical hearing?
- 9:05 -- No longer hot because of her coloured contacts. Her unexplained coloured contacts. I fucking hate them. They are the primary problem I have with this movie. Don't give me a hot actor then take them away like this. It's just mean.
- 9:30 -- The
werewolflycan doesn't seem big enough to be the big black guy. But was there another one back there?.. I wasn't counting.
- 11:05 -- This movie fails to give the main lycan, Lucien, any presence. He's a little dainty guy. Either an excellent actor with better writing or.. well a bigger guy, and preferably both, would have improved this movie a whole lot.
- 11:20 -- That mostly-naked guy (Pierce?) would have made for a better leader. He's hot, and looks like one evil and intimidating motherfucker.
- 13:20 -- Sophia Myles (the girl on the right) is hot.
- 14:00 -- I don't see why, after centuries of being among their best Death Dealers, she wouldn't have been believed straight off and without question. I see how shit-for-brains would have been a blocker, but this wasn't well-written.
- 14:25 -- Sophia Myles is still hot. She continues to be hot because she doesn't have coloured contacts. And because she's hot. Hotty hot hot.
- 16:15 -- Since it was the big black dude who got hit by the not-shuriken, the size of the lycan is still confusing.
- 22:00 -- AG(?) rounds. "High content". Presumably high silver content.
- 24:15 -- Saint Istvan's Hospital, though this movie is not set in Hungary.
- 24:15 -- firstname.lastname@example.org hehe.
- 24:25 -- A direct homage to The Matrix - (1999 movie), both the visual fade and audio.
- 25:45 -- Is this another homage to The Matrix - (1999 movie)?
- 26:10 -- The Study of Sociology (1873, 1896), by Herbert Spencer (full text)
- 27:00 -- Lycan can run sideways along walls and on ceilings.. for some reason.
- 27:30 -- For some reason the lycan didn't jump down and aren't seen from again.
- 28:30 -- (song) I used to know what song this was, but it's been too long and I don't feel like looking it up. Still, it's great.
- 28:30 -- Fucking amazing scene.
- 29:50 -- Why didn't she react to the first two stabs through the roof?
- 30:30 -- Why doesn't he run after the car again? He can clearly catch them.
- 31:45 -- Would the car sink that fast? I've always seen cars stay buoyant for some time.
- 32:30 -- Dumbass blue eyes.
- 33:00 -- Tearing through anything with your teeth, even a t-shirt, is hard.
- 35:20 -- She's a vampire, can't she .. smell that he's been bleeding?
- 36:40 -- She didn't exactly spend the night with him, being out cold under a bridge.
- 37:20 -- She's a vampire, can't she .. smell that he's been bleeding?
- 38:30 -- All through that, she never got blue(r) eyes.
- 38:50 -- There's no way in hell he could lay a hand on her, let alone get away with it. He's a bureaucrat.
- 39:30 -- Who is that a bust of?
- 41:50 -- This scene finally gives Lucien some balls, at least in comparison to Kraven.
- 42:30 -- Other than disliking Kraven, I don't see what drives her to question this story or break in and read this book.
- 45:30 -- Why would Michael go to that guy and not a hospital to check in as a proper patient? Or maybe the police?
- 48:00 -- This coffin thing is incredibly cool.
- 48:30 -- Unfortunately, that coffin wobble really sucks.
- 50:15 -- I thought vampires didn't have a heartbeat.
- 51:50 -- Wouldn't there be a camera on that door?
- 56:45 -- Now that is some good acting.
- 58:15 -- Meet me in my quarters, I'll have a bottle of wine on ice.
- 58:50 -- After learning that she'll kill "his kind" and only wants him for information, he really should be looking for a way out.
- 1:01:00 -- Thank you for not having a flashback scene, for once.
- 1:02:35 -- Oh, she is interested in him.
- 1:04:30 -- Yep, interested.
- 1:04:40 -- Oh, wrong answer Michael. Wrong wrong answer.
- 1:05:00 -- Oh, no wine then.
- 1:06:30 -- Or fire off a couple of rounds to attract attention and get some help.
- 1:06:50 -- I think I'd screw this scene up several times to play with that woman.
- 1:07:00 -- Aww, I think she has contacts in.
- 1:07:50 -- Nokia phone
- 1:08:00 -- Yep, contacts. Boo.
- 1:08:40 -- That's the way she should be treating him.
- 1:09:30 -- There are cameras inside there.
- 1:10:00 -- Nothing could distract me from listening to Celine's conversation with Victor. A random phone call would get ignored.
- 1:13:00 -- Those rooms are so secure. Honest. It's not like some random person could get out. No sir. It could certainly hold a Death Dealer. Yep.
- 1:13:15 -- From how these characters have played out, I think I'd go for this woman over Celine. Kraven is an idiot.
- 1:14:40 -- Emilia is hot. That dress and that neck-chandelier.
- 1:15:10 -- I don't see why she wouldn't be travelling with a small army. Or, say, in secret and with a body double on the train.
- 1:17:20 -- With all the alarms going off, and guards running out, how is Celine able to drive out undetected?
- 1:19:30 -- I still don't understand why the nerd-wolf was sent, and not the big bad-wolf.
- 1:20:00 -- Why would she need to shoot the glass?
- 1:20:45 -- How was she never shot?
- 1:21:00 -- Celine didn't hear the sirens, but heard the tire squeals.
- 1:23:30 -- What's that song? This is an unnecessary music video.
- 1:32:45 -- He fell with his eyes open, but was shown with them closed.
- 1:34:10 -- That's now how you draw blood..
- 1:35:15 -- One of the little sounds from Doom.
- 1:36:15 -- Celine looks nothing like Sonya.
- 1:41:25 -- Why didn't Kraven shoot Lucien a couple more times?
- 1:43:25 -- Another Doom sound.
- 1:43:45 -- Why wouldn't the other vampires whose tail he was plucked from notice his disappearance, especially since he made noise when he was separated from them?
- 1:44:30 -- Pansy Death Dealer right there.
- 1:45:30 -- That's a hole in the ceiling. It's okay, lichen can't pass through holes.
- 1:47:10 -- Unnecessary stupid flip.
- 1:48:20 -- His rifle has two scopes. Is that a thing?
- 1:49:00 -- Unnecessary faux-suspense.
- 1:49:00 -- Aww, I liked that character.
- 1:51:00 -- I guess Celine must remind Lucien of his dead wife Sonya.
- 1:52:00 -- While awesome and all that, his guards did have guns, and should have been trained soldiers and not so cowardly.
- 1:56:30 -- Why not immediately dispatch Michael the way he killed the biggest baddest lycan?
- 1:57:10 -- Viktor could have maintained the deceit pretty easily, and Celine would have to believe him because she got the story from Kraven, whom she does not trust.
- 1:58:40 -- Vampires can get pregnant, apparently.
- 1:59:45 -- He's a couple of hundred years behind on his martial arts, but Viktor should still be able to kick some serious ass.
- 2:01:00 -- Oh, there they are.
- 2:02:00 -- Awesome to begin with, but it drags on .. he shouldn't have even been able to to turn, let alone stand, draw weapons and blink dramatically. Oh, he drew weapons. Where were they during his fight with Michael?
- 2:02:40 -- Don't vampires go all poof or something when cut apart? Maybe not, since the grenade-d ones were in chunks.
2:03:30 -- They were all watching them fight instead of helping?.. assholes.
Widescreen special edition (2.35:1)
- Director and Writers Commentary
- The Making of Underworld
- Creature Effects
Sights and Sounds
- The Forsaken
- John Carpenter's Vampires,
- John Carpenter Presents Vampires: Los Muertos
- Resident Evil
Resident Evil: Apocalypse
- Music Video: Finch "Worms of the Earth"
- Storyboard Comparison
- "War" TV Spot
"Trailer Cutdown" TV Spot
- 23:35 -- The fade from the address to the door - music and cutaway was literally taken straight out of The Matrix.
1:25:56 -- The sound effect at the opening of the skylight was from the last level of Doom 2 when the boss launches a box.