A girl is digitized, becoming a valuable commodity for people seeking power and immortality.
This might be interesting for fans of science fiction history, but it's dumb in too many places for me to enjoy it.
If you end up watching this, here are my edited Andromedia subtitles.
- 1:15 -- Valentine's Day
- 4:00 -- Baka might be better-transliterated as "asshole" in this context.
- 5:15 -- The Japanese are really bad about weight-shaming.
- 6:00 -- I keep having the feeling that I've seen this before.
- 12:15 -- FIXME/TRY HARDER -- My source subtitles are missing a line here.
jftor at interlogs.corp
- 20:30 -- If she's a complete copy, how can she have a different name?
-- It's too fuzzy to make out.
- 26:45 -- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- 28:15 -- Oh man, that's like 12 GB of data.
- 30:30 -- I can see the floor, and there's no body. Even if it were hidden to the right, the keyboard bounce isn't right.
- 32:00 -- How does the AI see or hear out of the box?
- 35:00 -- Does Japanese not have a word for "copy"?
- 40:45 -- FIXME/TODO -- It's too had to understand that guy's English, so it needs to be subtitled too.
- 48:00 -- Oh my god, bikini tan lines on a guy is hilarious.
- 52:15 -- My subtitles said "lock me", but I don't know what that means.
59:30 -- Can't the car doors be opened?
- .. oh. That was cool.
1:01:30 -- The movie can be safely ended here.
- 1:07:00 -- Well their relationship won't work out..
- 1:14:00 -- Puberty, yo.
- 1:16:00 -- Does he love her more than his mortal coil? Because I have an idea..
- 1:20:00 -- Why is there any negotiation?
- 1:25:00 -- Well, that's one of the generic stock sounds, though not quite a Doom sound.
- 1:26:00 -- So the other dude.. is he, like, somehow out of commission? Is he in another country or something? I'm confused.
- 1:28:30 -- Why would he be bleeding?
- 1:29:30 -- None of this makes sense.. why did they need her anyway?
- 1:30:00 -- What?
- 1:31:30 -- What's going on..
- 1:33:45 -- TODO? -- I'm missing some translation.
- 1:40:00 -- Huh? Deeper into sin?
1:41:45 -- .. and he dies because it's hard to swim while dressed.