A documentary-style mini-series that touches on bunches of the history of western science, but then gets absolutely horrifyingly abysmally wrong. So wrong as to be a bunch of lies.
Episode 10 ∞
He is outright lying about so many things.
- ~10:00 -- He goes on and on in such a horribly flawed manner. He claims that the way the brain works is a choice.. etc. Just awful.
- 14:40 -- NO, NO NO NO you do not "have to make up your mind about them in advance". That's complete and utter bullshit.
- 16:00 -- NO, science IS NOT ABOUT DISCOVERING THE TRUTH.
- 19:10 -- What the fuck? Science CAN AND DOES "rock any boats".
- 22:40 -- No, wrong. It does not affect what you consider to be reliable evidence.
- 23:50 -- Piltdown Man: In the decades prior to its exposure as a forgery in 1953, scientists increasingly regarded Piltdown as an enigmatic aberration inconsistent with the path of hominid evolution as demonstrated by fossils found elsewhere. [ 1 ] The Piltdown Plot - the chain of fraud (archive)
- 26:30 -- No, science does not hang on like grim death .. and does not care about status quo.
- 31:00 -- Does he not understand what a contemporary scientific theory is? It's based on observed facts. The historical crap is just nonsense that people dreamed up with no, little or flawed evidence.
- 32:00 -- No, science is NOT only about what society thinks is important. Ever hear of "pure research"?
- 33:00 -- Other ways like ours? NO. They don't bother with evidence. They just imagine nonsense and believe things dogmatically.
- 34:45 -- NO, science is NOT about "giving purpose".
- 35:10 -- NO, science does not use "symbols". It has observable evidence-based falsifiable theories which make testable predictions. Fucking get it right.
- 40:00 -- Yes, non-scientific views of the world ARE NECESSARILY IGNORANT. They aren't based on actual observable evidence. They are made up.
- 40:25 -- No, science makes no attempt at giving certainty. It is by definition uncertain.
41:30 -- Umm, no.. people who "disagree" with science are politely ignored. People who can bring up differing evidence, or an alternate theory are accepted. This is mandatory.
[ + ]