https://www.20thcenturystudios.com/movies/robocop [ 1 ] was https://www.foxmovies.com/movies/robocop [ 2 ] was https://web.archive.org/web/20190214023927/robocop.com/
A police officer almost dies in the course of duty, but is converted into a cyborg.
When it came out I was given the impression that it would be bad, especially compared to the original, but it was fair. Not good, but fair.
A remake of RoboCop - (1987 movie)
- 0:45 -- Oh my god, starting off with a vocal warm up is so lame.
- 2:30 -- Peacekeeping
- 3:00 -- "May peace be upon you" is a reference to peace be upon him, an Islamist phrase.
- 4:00 -- Pacification
5:00 -- Explosive belts
- Commonly used for suicide attacks
- 6:45 -- He's bringing a knife to a suicide attack.
8:15 -- Drone
- 11:30 -- The tone of these guys' voices is so forced and fake.
- 14:00 -- Why shout, at least like that?
- 14:30 -- IAD
- 15:30 -- Here's the better argument: Do they feel? Yes, they feel. They feel through their maintainers, through their assemblers, and through their inventor; me. We, the humans who create and control them, feel, and that's why they are reliable.
- 17:15 -- No, it turns out that you're not you because of you're brain, because there are plenty of influences on it throughout the body. Still, this is a perfectly understandable materialist view in line with that character.
- 24:00 -- Car alarm
- 24:45 -- Car bomb
- 25:00 -- Burn
- 33:15 -- The very first thing they should have done before reconnecting him is bring his wife..
35:15 -- They knew this would be an existential crisis for the man. Why wouldn't there be a psychologist (and probably a philosopher) on hand?
- Do also note that it was only men who were considered.
- 36:15 -- So did they replace his eye?
- 40:30 -- He offered and retracting his left for from the handshake.
- 41:00 -- The music is associated to music in The Wizard of Oz - (1939 movie), which is associating him to the Tin Man of that movie.
- 42:15 -- The difference is he told the captor to let the kid go. That's exactly what the public wants.
- 45:00 -- Neurosurgery
- 48:00 -- Yes, yes he can be hurt by live rounds. Doesn't he still have a face, a brain, and one good eye to shoot through?
48:45 -- Why would anyone but the full-human miss?
- 49:15 -- Oh.
- 52:00 -- If the guy was still a threat, then wouldn't the visor still be down?
- 57:00 -- "At least I know you're the right color now" is a racist reference to being black.
- 57:30 -- Detroit - United States
- 58:00 -- I can understand access, but not an offline database and archives.
- 1:00:30 -- How is he getting a camera angle like that?
- 1:09:45 -- I just realised he's likely vulnerable to gas and other airborne things.
- 1:15:00 -- He was driving recklessly, and if it was in pursuit then he didn't have sirens and lights going.
- 1:20:00 -- Unnecessary blackout-shootout.
- 1:27:00 -- Police corruption
1:30:00 -- What's bigger than a hero? A legend. Make him history.
- 1:30:15 -- Yes.
- 1:39:30 -- It would have been cooler if he knocked one with his bike, it had a stray shot hit another and then that one engaged the other as a threat. Then they trade treat targetting and shoot one another for a while before a greater engagement begins.
- 1:45:15 -- What the hell.. they got the catchphrase backwards. It's a reference to the other guy being brought in dead or alive. That's what the damned expression means..
1:46:00 -- Maybe he could have shot the gun out of his hand.
- Also, this whole red asset thing could have been set up a long time ago. That was just bad writing.
1:48:45 -- Why was there a sound when Alex was turning his head?
[ + ]