A basic multiplayer roleplaying game.
I couldn't get it working.
- As of 2020-06-01 not updated since 2011-12-26
2009-02-16 - 1.8.0 ∞
In PCLinuxOS, installation is easy:
apt-get install eternallands eternallands-music
But the version is no longer supported and I was forced to update [ 1 ] was http://www.eternal-lands.com/page/update.php . Lame. A Linux update isn't provided. Really lame.
wget www.eternal-lands.com/el_linux_180_install.zip unzip el_linux_180_install.zip cd el_linux chmod +x el.x86.linux.bin nano el.ini # change "data_dir" to your directory. ./el.x86.linux.bin
- Hung my system the first time I tried running the binary. Hard rebooted.
- Rebooted, and while XDM worked fine, X itself seemed to go crazy like my keyboard and mouse were messing up. I was able to
ctrl-alt-f1and kill x and restart.
- Seems to work fine now.
- Clicking into the EL window seems to lighten my background colour. Neat.
- segfault when trying to make a new character.
hung when starting it up again. I give up.
[ + ]