A simple mapping program which can optionally track your position ongoing, to let you easily follow breadcrumbs back to your start (like a parked car).
I used it for its compass.
- Sandboxed; does not use/share data with other apps.
- Used for its main position tracking feature.
- Usable disabled just as a simple map app.
- Used for a compass.
- Required to downloading offline data. Zoom in and out in various important places to make sure it works.
- Can be disabled once your data
- 2020-08-12 - I ended up switching to OsmAnd; it has a nice clean interface, a compass and tracking functionality.
- I had to do some searching to find the compass feature.
- During live updating, the map sometimes goes to a funny simple/bold theme.