A superhero game.
It wasn't very original and had awkward controls.
Quitting City of Heroes.. or rather I'm deciding against buying it. The controls are just too awkward. Tabbing/selecting enemies sucks. I dislike that it's completely unbalanced.. some powers are so outrageous that it's kindof pointless. A lot of the powers are just clones of other powers, so it's not very original. There really isn't a whole lot of originality to be had, in my opinion..
Installing new drivers may or may not have slightly improved the graphics, but regardless I can't get anything decent to show so .. meh.
I stayed up until 5am (27th) playing City of Heroes.. just goofing around.
Two sets of doors, one on the left and one on the right. I can't enter the one on the right. WTF. Why are doors selectable if I'll just get "You cannot enter".
- The movement is really stupid. You use one method to move, and then you use another and it'll just halt in place. For example.. auto-run and then
left+right-clickto move.. and you just stand still. LAME.
- Gravity is completely overpowered. Done right I can hold bosses. I can solo boss groups too.
- I'm freaking awesome at pulling. I can pull a single mob out of a group sometimes. Very handy.. just be at max range with a long range spell and run back. Flying is a bit dangerous since a mob can sometimes run into the group (notifying them) before finding some odd path to get to you - like climbing a tree and running along electrical wires.. =/
No replayability, pretty boring.. =/
- The game started up in some oldschool resolution, and fucked up my desktop. I hate when that happens.
- Clicking seems awkward.. clicking doesn't always do anything on the first try even though it's registered (makes a sound, on-screen button in the game interface shows that it's depressed)
- Too much input lag, even with graphical settings WAY down.
- Stupid hotkeys / preferences. I can't use mouse buttons for keybindings. Lame.
xfor dialogs is at the bottom-right. That, and escape isn't keybound to get rid of those menus so I HAVE to click.
- If I auto-run with the keyboard hotkey, and I try to
left+right-mousebuttonto run, it STOPS me. WHAT THE FUCK.
- Tabbing is stupid..
- Met a dude fought a bunch of stuff..
- Started up a new character.. hey, I can now link mouse buttons to auto-run
- Wow, they have no higher resolution load screens. Pretty sad.
- The very initial launch screen has a copyright going to 2009, but the internal load screens go to 2010.
Jump has to be held down (to jump as high as you can, which is always), but if you hold it down too long you'll end up double-jumping. It's so common to try hard to jump high, then you end up double-jumping and flying off somewhere stupid and falling off.
All in all the annoyance is the input lag, the general controls and feel of the game. The "flow" is poor. Mind you, World of Warcraft's gameplay is shit compared to City of Heroes' single player experience.