A first-person shooter.
This page deals with both the original and various open source efforts.
The last level from Doom 2 has a certain sound which I've heard in movies. Perhaps it came from somewhere else, but I'm forever calling it the Doom sound.
- http://prboom.sourceforge.net/ PrBoom and others
- Several Linux ports have been made, some with advancements. It's re-distributable with the shareware WAD.
The primary music sounds a fuckload like:
- A 3d game engine for GNU/Linux (and other OSes) distributed under the GNU General Public Licence. DUMB uses a gamefile format that is a superset of that of ID software's Doom engine, and in fact can play Doom and related games.
- No notes were taken.
- Downloadable as an RPM. Installing
- Monsters fighting one another was amusing as hell.
- Adding mods provided a huge amount of comedy to me.
- The berzerk fist.