- 2019-11-16 -- I see it's been abandoned by its original people, but it lives on elsewhere.
- 2018-05-26 -- I see it's been active since I last looked in on it.
2006-04-04 -- This project has been abandoned, and a v2 of this project is being written for Linux. It's a pipe-dream at this point.
- GPL Arachne for DOS is no longer supported by Arachne! -- www.arachne.cz/?page=soft
- https://web.archive.org/web/20080423024731/http://www.cisnet.com/glennmcc/arachne/ -- Open source Arachne
- Arachne Plugins
- was browser.arachne.cz
- was browser.arachne.cz/lists.shtml
2006-04-04 or earlier - A note on Arachne II ∞
Arachne II is being developed
Arachne II is long-term plan to develop Nautilus/Konqueror and possibly even Midnight Commander replacement for Linux desktop - but it is going to be more than that. We need Arachne II because all major graphical file managers and setup tools for Linux (not desktop enviroments themselves) are incredibly bloated, slow, counter-intuitive and unusable.
Architecture of Arachne II is going to focus on re-implementing the most successful feature of modern web browsers, which is totaly asynchronous GUI, independent on currently processed task. File and desktop management tasks are often blocking the human-machine comunication, leaving user idle while refining various fine details of next dialogue window - but power-user expects instant response, being usually satisfied only with command line and assoicated tools (like Midnight Commander).
2006-04-04 or earlier - 1.66b ∞
Arachne is still unready for the real world. I'm looking for something which uses X natively.
I was forced to modify the
installscript, replace instances of libc-2.1 with libc-2.2