Vampires are real, and a secret council, whose formation is never explained, support a good-vampire on her mission to mercilessly slaughter bad-vampires in search for the worst-vampire who she was told killed her father.
For a while I was quite captivated by this movie. It was good in every respect, but it seemed to take a turn for the worse half way through, and just kept sliding. Overall it's good, but elements of it are too similar to other famous movies for me to really find it interesting, especially since those elements are rushed.
It's decent enough to recommend for a one-time watch.
- Properly titled Blood: The Last Vampire
- The opening titles stylize Blood as Bl∞d.
Based on the anime Blood: The Last Vampire (2000). Other media exist based on that anime:
See also Buffy the Vampire Slayer - (1997 TV show) for a similar slayer concept.
In the 16th century, the savage onin war reduced Japan to a massive feeding ground. Assuming human forms, demons settled in among mortals to prey on the bloodshed.
A fearless samurai named Kiyomasa rose from the heart of evil and became the most revered demon hunter, only to be brutally slain by the oldest, vilest of all demons: Onigen.
Centuries passed. Darkness reigns on. Then, a mysterious hunter emerged, joining forces with a shadow society known as the council, she sets out to face her ultimate foe... Onigen.
- 1:00 -- US Bombers Ravish North Vietnamese Airfields
- 2:00 -- Handily-vacant subway car.
- 2:35 -- Slashy death scene. See also Underworld - (2003 movie).
- 4:45 -- They transform? Can't they tell after their non-transformed body has been killed? =/
- 5:30 -- See.. well see a whole lot of movies.
- 6:20 -- So this will have subtitled-Japanese but mostly English?
- 7:15 -- How handy, to not question. Faith, and all that.
- Maybe this is near Yokota Air Base
- 9:15 -- War, by Edwin Starr
- 10:30 -- This is Vietnam War-era.
- 12:00 -- Frankenstein, by Mary Shelley
- 12:15 -- Uh. Uh. They do own the place. You are fucking foreign invaders squatting on their land.
- 12:25 -- Nice car phone.
- 12:55 -- Badly-lit.
- 12:45 -- How about sending the two of them to detention for being assholes?
- 15:00 -- Oh hey, I recognize that actor.
- 16:30 -- Space Truckin', by Deep Purple
- 16:50 -- That's some superhuman strength right th-- oh.
- Central Intelligence Agency, Washington, D.C.
- 22:00 -- It's really nice to see people aren't idiots.
- 26:00 -- I have no idea what that song is.
- 28:00 -- How is she outrunning vampires?
- 30:30 -- How would anyone hide from a vampire?
- 33:00 -- Aww, what is that.. claymation? Oh ugh.
- 33:20 -- It can pick her up and climb up buildings, but she can fight it off?
- 34:00 -- Nobody hears the screaming or hears their building being run across or torn at.
- 35:10 -- Now it can fly?
- 36:00 -- Why wouldn't it just fly into and hide in the city?
- 44:30 -- "Fuckin' A" is not the right thing to say at that moment..
- 45:40 -- I wonder if they'd spike the blood.
- 46:20 -- Littering.
- Obvious backstab is obvious.
- 51:20 -- Oh right, she got shot.. how does someone, standing next to someone who got shot, forget they got shot?
- 52:00 -- How did she get that cut in her hand anyway? Also, see... I don't remember which Blade. Was it the first one?
- 53:40 -- Well.. uh.. then why did vampire-girl save human-girl?
- 1:06:00 -- With great power comes gr-- I mean, never doubt yourself.
- 1:07:00 -- So what's with the flamey smokey thing? Is that some sort of elder vampire Sailor Moon transformation trick?
- 1:10:00 -- Where's the vampire? Why was he unavailable to murder?
- 1:11:00 -- Not dead, I assume.
- 1:17:00 -- I was going to avoid the Star Wars reference, but it's right there with the "I am your Mother, join me, unleash your true power."
- 1:18:20 -- It's okay, Alice has plot armour.
- 1:19:00 -- Where did Onigen's sword go?
- 1:19:30 -- Okay, she did ask for it. But no, don't let her touch you. Also, behead her. Cut her into little pieces and burn them separately.
- 1:20:30 -- Called it. Also, what's with the illusion stuff back there? It makes no sense, having never been established.
- 1:21:00 -- Are those sirens period-accurate?
1:22:45 -- Is this dubbed-over? I noticed it was messed up earlier..