Build and expand a space-faring race who learns they are not alone in the universe.
Master of Orion - (1993 game) but with updated graphics and a confusing interface. I expect would have loved this in the past, but now it's just awkward. I'll still tag this as 'liked', as it's pretty good. It's very hard in the eyes. Take a lot of breaks.
Extremely stupidly hard.. and confusing. I'm shelving it. I only paid $12 USD for it, so it's not a big loss.. still, I wish the UI was better and the tutorial was better and the gameplay was better..
- 2018-05-21 - 2.0.5 (6d3e) on Windows 10 via Steam
2018-05-21 - 2.0.5 (6d3e) ∞
- Crazy-long load time.
- Well things to changed.. and mostly for the better. There are invulnerable outposts now.
- I can't find anything that gets mentioned. A faction wants to talk? But who is that? Where are they?
- Something mentions a place, but where is it?
- The situation log doesn't pick up some items.
- Even the occasional idle science vessel is a pain in the ass to discover.. I've had them sitting idle for months.
- I sit there like an idiot when the game is paused. It's not obvious enough.
I ran out of energy, and it makes no sense. I get an outpost, mine some energy.. and continue in a moderate patch. It should pay for itself and a bit more. I guess it's a high population or something? I only had three planets though (and I couldn't find more..)
** This is the deal breaker.
2017-05-27 - 1.6.1 / Multiplayer beta ∞
With that opening music, I like it already.
- One of the opening songs is based upon a song from Tron - Legacy - (2010 movie). Absolutely for sure.
- Filling in information for a new account just drops me back at the same new account screen.
control-vdoesn't work to fill in the login form. The
tabdoesn't get recognized, even though it works with me pressing it manually.
Upon starting the game, the music just cuts out.
- It ought to continue, fade out, and be replaced with a load screen music playlist.
- A long opening load screen. Will this be the case every time?
- Nice load screen music.
- The load screen's final few percent are very fast, and then it hangs on 100%
Race creation is interesting, though clumsy in places.
- Creating a human, and then switching between alternate humanoids and then back to the human, its portrait changes away from the default.
Our AI is called 'Vyr', which is great for people who watched Babylon 5 - (1994 show)
How do I "select our science ship"?
- How do I "select the vessel in the outlier"?
- Oh god, it took a while to figure that out.
- It should specify how to start the game..
It's ultimately clumsy.
Can't select multiple science ships to have them survey a system. Have to pause, select one, have it survey, then select them all and have them survey.