TODO - make a proper page
(date not recorded) - I continued on to use Geeqie
- 2017-12-09 - 0.2.4 on Devuan-1.0.0-jessie-i386-DVD
- 2016-12-03 - (version not recorded) on Devuan 1.0.0 beta
- Earlier than 2016-03-26 - (version not recorded), on Lubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
Starting GPicView full screen on openbox ∞
Tested 2016-12-03 on Devuan 1.0.0 beta.
1) Edit your
(on Lubuntu it is
<application name="gpicview"> <fullscreen>true</fullscreen> </application>
3) At a terminal, run
Earlier than 2016-03-26 - (version not recorded) ∞
I had this around for some time, but ended up going with Geeqie long before this date.
2010-01-07 - 0.2.1 ∞
On Unity Linux, version unknown.. according to 2010-01-02 random stuff I was reviewing gpicview 0.2.1
gpicview is by far the fastest and bestest image viewer evar.
gpicview was trivial to build from source on Unity Linux:
\smart install intltool lib64jpeg-devel lib64gtk+2.0_0-devel ./configure
No particularly significant issues, but I'd strongly reconsider checking qiv and qvv out when I have some time or I'm particularly annoyed at gpicview.
- Need to be able to cursor around when zoomed in.
- Can't start in fullscreen (F11) by default. There are no commandline options.
I wish there was a way to suppress the popup messages on bad/zero-size images.