Balloons threaten monkeys, and you coordinate their defence.
I'm big on tower defence games, and this is a very good one.
The flash version is liked. The Steam version is disliked. Maybe the more adult multiplay on the Steam version would make it worth some money, but not at its price.
2016-01-28 - Flash version ∞
.to upgrade left|right work. I didn't know about these before playing the steam version.
- The lava smoke-fuzz with one map makes it annoying to look at.
- There's one split-map which is set to intermediate should instead be advanced.
- I keep getting matched with the same people, even when I quit the game.
- There is no way to avoid playing with premium or other such users. I hate those cheaty-powerups.
- It's annoying to have to exit maps because I hate them, and then re-queue.
When doing the dailies, it doesn't remember what month and day I was last on.
- I need this because I will skip the maps I hate, do certain maps and then I want to continue checking maps from where I left off..
- The dailies need to be described way better. A little picture of the map, then the text can be properly listed instead of being crunched up in one little box.
There's no 'retry' button.. I have to let all the bloons go by to die then retry from that menu.
2015-11-29 - Steam version ∞
I've always played the flash version, and decided to throw money at this game as thanks for my hours of
wasted time fun.
- Cannot import my substantial progress on ninjakiwi.com
The 'x' to close the opening news is at the top-left.
- It should be at the top-right.
- Pressing escape works.
- I can't scroll wheel up and down in the units list.
There's no hotkey for selling (
delwould be nice) or for targeting, but there's a hotkey for upgrade left/right.
>for upgrading is actually
- Cannot pick up bananas during click-to-place.
Click-to-place is aborted..
- .. at the start of each new round.
- .. when the mouse is wiggled out of the main play area.
Oh my fucking god, the popups. Upgrade, level, this, that..
Summary: Requested a refund. This is too cartoony and too easy. It's not worth $11 just for a less-laggy desktop program as opposed to a flash game. Flash does suck, but it doesn't $11 suck.
If I caught this during the 75% sale, sure I'd keep it.
2015-10-12 - Flash version ∞
I play only very occasionally, but I was quite into this game a while back.
- The game requires a login, requiring internet access. There is a lot going for Bloons TD 4.
- Some single-player challenges are a joke, and some are fucking hell if not impossible. Some use a set of units which I despise.
- There's no way to turn off safe chat.
- There's no way to only be paired with experts.
- Cheating still exists.
- The new boat they added is stupid-overpowered.
Many maps are ridiculously easy, even on the hardest difficulties.
When working with someone who is new, and they are asking for help, new features would need to exist. Right now it's agony.
A button would enable/disable the feature. When enabled, on mouseover of a teammate's tower:
- its name
- its upgrades
its attack priority
Other features such as a chat debug log detailing what they spend their money on.
Tacks and bombs would need a slight delay before displaying their chat, so that they can be displayed as:
playerx spent $x to drop x tacks
If the partner places or upgrades a tower, highlight it and fade that highlight over the next couple of seconds.
Also display a partner highlight over anything they have their mouse over, and display their mouse cursor in a different colour.
2013-09-17 - Select-A-Player ∞
Player is from:
Anywhere, as long as their ping is over 9,000
how old r u?
Player language skills:
- AOLspeak d00d
- Preschool English
- No English
Player game skill:
- cheater type 1: Paid money to cheat and ruin the game for others.
- cheater type 2: Random flash hackery.
- No skill whatsoever, randomly drops 0/0 towers as though controlled by a bad AI.
Likes to fast forward everything, to guarantee no reaction time to MOABs and ceramics, to guarantee a game loss.
I personally don't like laggy cheaters who don't speak English and suck horribly. Maybe others do.
- y/n - leaves suddenly
y/n - leaves just before finishing the game
Other game engine options:
y/n - screen goes black
- [This is a bug which appears to have been fixed]
- y/n - screen flashes constantly during chat
y/n - sudden game lockup, the go button never appears again.