Visions of a past life lead a woman to an ancient treasure, but it is also sought by others to both raise the dead and an army.
While it would be unfair to say this movie stinks, it's not great. The computer graphics used in it are uncanny and intrusive. It has action for action's sake, and where a light bubblegum movie is what it is, this movie lays it on intentionally thick, making it aggravating. Fans of its predecessor, The Mummy - (1999 movie), will find the feelings instilled by it are not reproduced in this sequel. It is an obvious money-grab.
- Continues from The Mummy - (1999 movie)
The Scorpion King - (2002 movie) is meant to trick you into thinking it's a character-prequel of this movie. You'll regret that. Blank your mind of this terrible movie, before watching The Scorpion King.
- So, basically speaking, after watching The Mummy Returns, don't continue with The Scorpion King as part of a movie series binge. These two movies are not in a series together.
Actually continues with The Mummy - Tomb of the Dragon Emperor - (2008 movie)
- Thebes, Egypt, Ancient Egypt, 3067 B.C.
- 1:00 -- Back when kings actually walked on the battlefield.
1:00 -- Anubis' army are wielding Shotel
- TODO? - ID the shield?
- 3:00 -- Anubis
3:45 -- The oasis of Ahm-Shere.
- This place is fictional.
- 4:00 -- I was unable to ID that polearm they use.
- 4:45 -- Egypt, 1933
- 6:45 -- Why does he have that tattoo?
- 7:00 -- Desecration
- 8:00 -- Yes, back then they really did have such careless disregard for historical sites.
- 9:15 -- "Build a better mousetrap" (Build a better mousetrap, and the world will beat a path to your door)
- 12:30 -- Is he French?
12:45 -- The Scorpion King
- 14:45 -- Why wouldn't she read the box before opening it?
- 14:45 -- Are they anywhere near the Nile?
- 15:30 -- Why not take the bracelet and leave the box? It seems heavy. Maybe they're just being thorough in case there's other stuff of significance on/in it.
- 17:15 -- Hamunaptra
- 17:45 -- I thought she was dead and gone in the previous movie, how is she alive here?
- 18:00 -- I think I recognize that actor.
- 20:30 -- Imhotep
- 21:30 -- London, England
- 21:30 -- Epic Superman-esque music. For no particular reason.
- Napoleon was not short. In fact he was tall for his age. That is old American propaganda.
- 24:45 -- Doom sound
27:45 -- Asp (Egyptian cobra)
- Also.. hey baby, nice asp.
- 29:30 - See also Big Trouble in Little China - (1986 movie) for its far-superior knife-catch.
- 30:15 -- That's not cover.
- 32:00 -- Wow this movie has a completely different tone from the first one.
- 34:15 -- Epic driving in the rain-music.
- 35:00 -- Thompson submachine gun
- 35:15 -- Uh, if he had the wrong guy then how does he know the phrases. The, by the way, lame phrases.
- 38:45 -- Oh, she's a reincarnation. Sortof.
- 43:00 -- Double-decker bus
43:30 -- "Aspro stops pain"
- Aspro is a brand name for aspirin.
- 45:00 -- Why are things being sped up?
- 47:30 -- Adventure gets her wet.
- 48:30 -- Go down there and steal that car they just swerved to avoid.
- 49:30 -- Now that I understand who that character is, I'm confused about how he's not dead.
- 51:15 -- Even if I were eight years old, I'd repeatedly fuck that scene up to get more kisses.
- 52:00 -- Nine years ago? That doesn't explain their eight-year-old child.
- 54:45 -- Now I recognize the tall actor.. but from where, I don't know.
- 58:00 -- Tripoli, Libya
- 1:00:00 -- Dirigible (Airship)
- 1:04:00 -- He can't go when someone's watching .. I can't remember the name of the semi-disorder, but that's a real thing.
- 1:05:30 -- Karnak has a train stop?
- 1:07:30 -- Those look like Sai (weapon). Maybe there's some Egyptian version of it.
- 1:08:30 -- Casual misandry.
- 1:09:00 -- Nefertiti
- 1:12:00 -- Entirely reusing a significant part of the earlier movie is just terrible.
- 1:13:00 -- Pre-ordination does include "the destination".
- 1:13:15 -- Yeah, there's a fine line between coincidence and fate. It's all coincidence, and fate is the wooly bullshit weak people are subject to thinking.
- The bad guys would also have needed a ship or an airship to get there.
- 1:15:45 -- Abu Simbel temples
- 1:17:45 -- "Bread crumbs" is generally used as a reference to Hansel and Gretel (1812), by Brothers Grimm
- 1:18:45 -- Re-use of the previous movie's idea.
1:20:00 -- Ahm Shere
- I think this place is fictional.
- 1:24:30 -- Three-times Boxmanads(?) grand champion
1:25:15 -- I'd fuck that scene up a bunch of times.
- Also, her eyebrows are fixed from last movie. Yay!
- 1:30:45 -- Quicksand
- 1:32:00 -- I don't know if it's these guys who are directly copied for Diablo 3's witch doctor.
- 1:33:30 -- After "my mistake", the guy should have fallen over dead.
- 1:42:45 -- ((has a seisure))
- 1:46:00 -- Doom sound as the brazier-thing spills.
- 1:48:15 -- Uncanny-valley computer graphics.
- 1:52:30 -- Handy stick-spear is handy. Where did it come from, anyway? I guess I wasn't paying attention. Well, more likely it wasn't explained, because story gets in the way of special effects.
- 1:53:00 -- The Spear of Osiris
- 1:54:00 -- Rick saved The Scorpion King, forges an alliance. Takes over the world with him. Roll credits.
- 1:57:00 -- Oh! Now that I know what "save me" means, that helps me with a phrase from Stargate - (1994 movie)
2:01:00 -- You did lose her. She wasn't resurrected, it was the spirit of her past self which came back and forever possess her. The book is lost, so you can't fix this. Roll credits.
oh.. literally roll credits.