A freemium Minecraft clone with a number of improved features.
It's prettier but has a lot of pop-in. The two block-high jump and sliding movement are unsettling. It's nice to have a list of all crafting patterns, and searching is nice. Crafting is very nice with its previews.
Overall I'd say this is a good game and an appropriate drop-in replacement for people who like Minecraft.
Nerds made http://creativerse.wikia.com/
- It starts fullscreen windowed.. so it has the title bar at the top and is pushed off the screen a bit.
- It requests my date of birth. Shouldn't Steam offer that sort of thing?
- It has character customizaiton, but should have a 'randomize' feature.
- Oh, I thought this was multiplayer.. It started a single-player world.
- My introduction is to an exact copy of the Minecraft pig sound.
- I didn't realise I could tab to switch to a weapon.. I was swooshing air at things and thinking I couldn't kill them.
- I went underground a little bit, and some thingy thing attacked me. It took forever to kill it and I almost died.
- The double-height jump is really unsettling.
- Not having a sneak feature to avoid falling off is annoying.
- I see a timer at the top of the screen. Is this a time-limited demo? That's not what "free-to-play" means.
- Searching is nice.
- Crafting is a bit odd.. I don't know how to describe it. It's nice, but something doesn't work for me. I'd have to spend more time than I'm willing to really articulate it.
- The unlock concept is nice, but it's annoying to have to sit through the unlock animation/sound thing.
- It would be nice if I could connect chests to things and not have to constantly shift ingredients around my storage and inventories so I can craft.
It would be nice to have combined chests so I can dump things into one place.