Aliens come to ruin an already-ruined earth.. which also already has aliens.
Quite an excellent game.
abandoned -- The original URL doesn't even redirect to an archive page.
For anyone looking for destiny 1 content from destinythegame.com, see:
- Official Fireteam finder
- Nerds made https://d2.destinygamewiki.com/wiki/Destiny_2_Wiki
- 2019-10-06 - (version not recorded) on Windows 10 via Steam
- 2019-10-01 on Windows 10 via Steam
2019-10-06 - (version not recorded) ∞
- Everything got upgraded to 750 without my permission. I was holding on to earlier weapons just for levelling my other characters, if I ever made them.
- Apparently all new people begin at 750 for some reason.
- I hear that new players are completely confused with the game now.
- Gear has been screwed up.. a lot. I have to re-unlock things for some reason, and my old gear is usually better than the new stuff anyway.
I had to screw around with a lot of things to stack for resilience before I could survive at all, but then suddenly things got sensible.. it's like at some point a single point of light level meant a huge difference.
- The same happened with weapons.. now I rake through things, but before things were horribly difficult. This makes no sense..
- Wow, the new expansion is boring and ugly. I'm glad I get to screw around a bit on the moon and that I didn't pay for it. I guess I'll screw around a bit but ultimately come back for the next season.
2019-03-25 - 188.8.131.52 ∞
I had played this on the XBox One for some time, though not before this latest expansion.
- It knows the use of an XBox One controller.
- I can use an XBox One controller and then dual display and use software on another without needing to
alt-tabback and forth. This is amazing.
On the class selection choice screen.
- I don't know what all the classes are or can do, so why prompt be to pick something? This is just bad game design.
- I can't turn the model around.
- The face selection is actually for the whole head.
- I can't turn the model around.
- I should be able to fiddle around, then change race or gender, then return to my previous choice to have all my stuff remembered.
- Implement a "random" button.
- I don't have enough of an understanding of what the big orb or what else is going on to have any emotional connection to the opening cutscene.
- This is way the hell better when rolling a robot, since it's perfectly reasonable that I don't talk.
- Fuck, the controller vibrate scared the shit out of me. I didn't see any settings when the game started up..
- In the armory, after I get my guns, it isn't obvious where to go.
- The outside Zavala scene was a nice introduction to a loose group.
- I got landed on by a pod. What the fuck.
- There was odd music inside the building, from a sweeper-robot I guess.
- When I first played I was amazingly hesitant and things felt a hell of a lot harder. I was very defensive and although I'm not so much any more, I don't even see much of a need for me to have been like that. I guess I didn't feel the regeneration mechanics very well..
- In the cutscene, "time to kick them where it hurts" is casual misandry.
It's so odd having this wrong-voice ghost.
- I still have load times with an eMMC?
- I never did understand that the cutscene was some sort of "vision" until I ran through this like a few more times (on two accounts).
The first time I experienced the slow-motion wounded thing I wanted to quit the game right then and there, especially since I explored and that was slow enough, only to be punished by being stuck and force-restarted.
City Outskirts - four days after
At the camp
- There are places where if I punch it will make an echoing grunt.
- There's a mysterious radio which I can't quite locate
- I mysteriously got more ammo by just standing there.
Twilight Gap - one week after
- The first time I was here I was confused about "it's that falcon again" because I had no memory of seeing one..
I was walking, and luckily figured out where to go, when a ship came out into view. The music changed. I thought it was one of ours. I sat there watching it, expecting it to be interesting. It floated in the distance for a while before vanishing.
Cutscene with falcon-lady
Hawthorne: "A perfectly good Guardian".. haha, no.
Cutscene with Gaul and other dude.
CAN I PLAY NOW?
- Why do I have to pay glimmer to get gear?
- Wandering around it suddenly told me to switch to my power weapon. What the hell?
- In the cave with the invisible guys, I could see their little blinks in various nooks.
- Was the game suggesting I have a rocket launcher out for invisible things that rush into melee? Troll.
- "Take me to the shard" and I was in my inventory for the beginning of the cutscene. Thanks, guys.
- When touching down from orbit, it takes my focus away from my inventory/etc
Switching tabs in the inventory/etc screen is slow. Why?
- Why have I been getting these things called "triumph"? I'm just loading a zone..
- Why would there be skull-level enemies constantly respawning in one corner?
- What are the grey shiny magic doorways?
Oh my god, my discovering interesting new things is cut off by mission dialog.
- What's with the sparkly explody ball and the slow field? It was just random.
Exiting on the not-a-tank thing, the subtitles have "AY-SAP" instead of "ASAP".
Completed Mission: Six
- Recommended power: 240.. how am I supposed to know that? I was just off exploring a lost sector. Sigh.
Level-locked to require 11 to get into getting to Io. Sigh.
Grinding for a level, back to the EDZ I guess.
- What the fuck, I was bombed with a huge number of dialogs about all kinds of things I know nothing about.
I finished some whatevers and I'm being awarded with light 200 and now 208 gear I can't hope to use any time soon.. I'm level fucking 10. TEN.
- And on this moon we had a fight with what's-his-name-o on Ei Eio
- The intro to Io is to be pointed at a cliff and trolled to walk off. Great design.
- Not starting with a vehicle is so damned lame.
"I think these light projections might be lessons".. and so I avoid those too, and just die spontaneously to one side.
- But I eventually dodge them all, and whatever roleplaying they have.
Got my fire gun thing, taking a break.
My eyes are sore, just like I was playing on xbox.. what is it about this game that ruins my eyes? I may not be able to actually play it for very long because of whatever is doing this. It's this game, not my monitor or room conditions. All other things have changed, but this game .. and I've played lots of other FPS type games without this effect. This is just awful.
- I was part way in when I realized I was almost 20 light levels under. Oh well, I did it. It was hard only with the end boss, which was more annoying than anything. That fight was horrifying my first introduction to this game on the XBox One.
Lift drill. Check. Jump down into-- dead. Oh.
Grinding a bit more.. I guess. Bounties are annoying to track and do.
- Oh, I'm forced to grind up to 15 before I can continue the campaign.
I did a mission to destroy invulnerable shielded guys, and the final area let me win with "Device Integrity: 100%" .. I had to damage it to make its integrity go up. What.
EDZ campaign where I want to steal the ship from Thumos
- Lowering the platform to bring down the ship starts talking to me about doing a thing and I had no idea what to do the first time I played this. I wandered around and around and around..
- My first introduction to the two-cleaver guys is to corner me and surprise me with two. Bad.
The final boss fight had one of the two-cleaver guys who was vastly more difficult than the actual boss.
The cutscene where they breach the city
- Why the hell would Zavala run into a gunfight with his gun holstered?
- Why would Gaul kill his master? He decided to agree with him in the end..
Why would your ghost grunt when your ship gets shot down?
Running through the city, just before teleporting
"Meaning this will be a one-way trip" is in the subtitles, but Cayde was saying something else.
"Razer of a thousand worlds." Wouldn't it be "raiser"? As in, to raise a city?
I'm supposed to talk to Hawthorne at "The Tower".. but what is that?
- There are no markers anywhere on the main map, and it's not at The Traveler.
- I'll visit The Farm.
- Oh, The Traveler has a place called "The Tower".. and (only) once I got there I saw the marker.
- Wait, nevermind, I got a marker once I wandered around.
- I really hate how EU Eververse blinks constantly: "Pretty please give me money"
I figured out how to join a strike, which shouldn't have been that hard, and it put me way the hell behind an already-started one.
- This is a bad introduction to that strike.
I stayed after completing a strike, looking at my gear, and it put me in some other mission.
- It turned out to be another strike, and it took part-way in for others to join.
- Greens and blues aren't tracked on the PC collections feature. I checked with an XBox player.
- Why would I have to click "launch" when selecting the tower? I should just be able to hold
- After saving the tower, Eververse finally stops blinking.
- I'm not even 220 and I saw a wandering 480. What the fuck is with this game?
- I remember having to go through a thing on XBox before patrols were unlocked. Now I saw a patrol during a public event. I did end up taking and completing it. How odd.
- On XBox, I remember my first survey patrol made no sense at all. I wandered around and around hoping to clip whatever I was supposed to do and make the meter go up. I thought it was a kill meter, not a "stand around exactly there" meter.
- Why would it offer a 320 heroic adventure?
- I confirmed that all patrols have been unlocked. Interesting.
- Someone was on a quest and I wanted to help, but apparently it recommended 610. Six hundred and ten. What the fuck. Again, I'm not even 220. Why is this shit out in the world? Why aren't things scaled?
- I want to infuse my weapons, how do I get enhancement cores?
- In the destination map, there are shiny things by some destinations, and I don't know what they represent.
- When I have a shell which lets me detect chests, the chests remain in the UI after I loot them.
I found an "anomaly" and entered it, and as soon as I shot something, everything despawned.
- I ran to the end, and nothing was there! There was a cache but it was locked. There was nothing to shoot to get it. What the fuck.
- Oh god it's so annoying to jump and press forward and end up going backwards. Pathetic!
- Cayde vanished from The Tower.
- I have no way to spend glimmer!
I broke the strike where you're rescuing a fire team and the last one sacrifices herself to turn into a crystal for you to sabotage the place. We just laid down so much fire that we finished the fight without seeing the end dunk phase and without even seeing the part with the two big dudes.
- I had to look up the difference between a "fusion rifle" and a "linear fusion rifle", because they are mentioned in text and bounties. Apparently a linear fusion rifle isn't a fusion rifle. What the fuck, guys.. rename one of them.
- I broke the strike where you try to dodge the huge rotors in the mining pit. I got there really quick, then past and down into the pit with the robot boss. There was nothing there! We had to wipe, and then when we respawned it was at the rotors. I mean at the rotors.. with one running right for us. Nice.
- I used the Destiny 2 Item Manager to bank an item while I was inspecting it, and it broke my ability to change the perks of any gun. Returning to orbit fixed it.
Oh, a wandering 605. Fun.
I bought Forsaken and the annual pass. I didn't realize I needed to buy them both. Fuck that's expensive. I bought them one at a time and I think I missed out on some reward.. double-fuck.
- After I meet Sagira, I can't pull my ghost out while she's talking.
- How come I can idly enter the Vex Infinite Forest without doing anything to open the door this time around?
- There's still this one place on Io, in The Rupture, where you walk down and off into the place and just die.
- New expansion, I go into a hidden zone, I'm 260, and it's 360 there. It's like they're not even trying.
Oh god, the map and inventory load screens are unbelievably slow. I thought this was an XBox thing, but it's everywhere.
- This is easy to fix. For planets, just paint the damned shit and then lazy-load in everything else, so I can interact with things the way I want, if I don't care how many doodads I have to do on each planet.
- I had to search the net to learn how to get Drang back.
- Invasion is pretty cool.
It's interesting to have one of these super-high-level mobs interfering with a public event, but it does get frustrating. It gets really really awful when it happens twice in a row. Do the devs play their own game?
- I like how it drops me off facing a cliff, taunting me to jump off.
- I've found a few places between subzones where enemies will rubberband and let me stay at a distance.
- Just before we find Clovis Bray, everything is a skull. Am I low light level for this place, because I had nothing to do to encourage improvement before this.
- "Let me try to access the security systems", and I wait. I wait and nothing happens.
- The hell, it was 320. Well I kicked its ass.
- I was wondering where Zavala went. He went missing from.. I can't remember what planet.
- I still can't figure out what glimmer is for.
I just made 300 while inside of a 320. Boy did I have to cheese fights to survive.
New stuff - Last Call / Quell the riot
- Is Cayde dead or what? I'm confused. He was just shown all hurt and stuff.
- Why would there be a prison?
- How did the prisoners get guns and grenades and armor?
- How did Cayde even get in the security booth?
- Does Cayde not know how falling physics works? He would have been better off just jumping.
- Who's ace and why is he coming home?
- I see a thing scurrying past when I was way down crouched with the pipes, but where did it come from? Everything is grated off.
- Before my ghost discovers that Cayde's ghost is dead, I am magically teleported. Why? Where? What?
After the death of Cayde, Ikora is giving her speech, my character is there but isn't in the right clothes.
- .. but he speaks.. is that me with a voice now?
- After the cutscene, some sort of achievement popped up, with some serious text.. but I couldn't read any of it.
- On XBox, Ikora used to let you re-experience campaigns, but now she does nothing.
The Drifter says me and Cayde "had a pretty good partnership", but it was a surprise to me.
- What is "The Derelict"?
- The Tangled Shore is 340, and I'm 318 when using some shittier high-light guns. Ugh.
I really hate that I haven't been able to properly infuse things, in all this time.
I joined a guild.
- As soon as I zoned in, I saw a thing to interact with, but I'm not falling for that.
- Loading screens are so long that I go into my inventory/etc, but I'm kicked back out once I'm finished loading. That's so frustrating.
- EDZ has a couple of places which have the invisible death-boundery placed way too close to the actual place. Winding cove going west toward Firebase Hades clips, and Outskirts has a tank thing that literally has you around a thingy to dunk in which is next to a death-boundery.
I should be able to mouse over lost sectors to learn their name.
- I hate having to wade far inside them to learn that.
- This is even more important because there are bounties that lead me into them.
Apparently all older gear is garbage, since it cannot be infused with random perks or anything..
Target: The Rider
- I can hop on the super-pike, then drive it into the wall to flip it over and get knocked off, and it'll continue to calibrate with me standing around. :)
Driving the super-pike, twice I bumped into a wall and ended up falling through the ground..
In the final fight, just turn from the big black shiny orb thing, and hide behind a bit of terrain.
- Nothing goes there, and you can't be shot.
- The fight pauses if you completely hide.
- Just don't fall off the edge.
- You're even right next to the exit portal once you're done.
I can't get to the chest behind the door.
I finished the campaign, and talked with The Spider. I was then sent into orbit, and the game requested that I return to The Spider.
- I scan the caches, then the platforms disappear and I die.
Nessus is so odd because Cayde-6 is dead.
- Also, are/were there at least five other Caydes?
I took out my Black Armory badge, and got 9 glimmer in the load time before the cutscene.
I have the Nessus "Arcadian Valley" emblem, and it won't stop shining as though it's a new item.
- It fixed itself the next time I logged in. It's a bit of a shame, I thought this was interesting.
It's annoying to have to look to see if/how much of a thing I have.
- For example, if I want to buy things from The Spider, I don't know how many materials I already have. Maybe I want to even out my numbers and not just buy a lot of one thing.
I just realized that it's not only annoying to have just three character slots, but it's stupid to allow a player to make two of the same class.
- For this one quest where I have to get Fusion Rifle kills, I can also use a Linear Fusion Rifle. Also, I can solo-queue a Nighthold and do the Exodus Black one, and just be careful. When I get to the public space I can grind indefinitely.
- I did notice some time ago that I have to stand on the chests in the newer areas, otherwise I won't pick up the loot. The old chests let me loot and then immediately run away to go do something else. I don't like being forced to stand around and wait.
- I want to be able to un-scrap. Sigh.
I wish there were an easier way to know when something is going to come up when I needed to wear a complete set of some gear, so I don't accidentally scrap things. This need is totally unrelated to the above, honest.
- The bike wobbles when I hop on.. I forgot how annoying that was.
After mounting, I can't jump off the bike right away.
[ + ]