Bad Behavior is a set of PHP scripts which automatically blocks harvesters, spam bots, and other funky stuff BEFORE they can even see the content of the website.
- It requires browser identification before forms can be submitted.
- 2019-11-19 -- Maybe Bad Behavior is doing something, so I'll keep it going, but it's certainly not preventing spam. Re-activating WP-SpamShield.
- 2019-11-18 - 2.2.24 on WordPress (version not recorded)
2019-11-18 - (version not recorded) on WordPress (version not recorded)
- replaces WP-SpamShield
2007-04-23 - (version not recorded) on MediaWiki (version not recorded)
- Newer versions keep on rocking.
2006-11-26 - 2.07 on MediaWiki (version not recorded)
- Works great.
2006-07-16 - 2.02 on MediaWiki (version not recorded)
- Works even better.
2006-06-05 - bad-behavior-2.0a4 on MediaWiki (version not recorded)
- Tested and works fine.
Bad Behavior and MediaWiki ∞
MediaWiki Bad Behavior Extension -- Works nicely. The 2006-12-17 version was in Spanish though. =/
1) upload/unpack the archive to
2) Edit LocalSettings.php and append:
include( 'extensions/Bad-Behavior/bad-behavior-mediawiki.php' );
.. that's it!
Your MediaWiki database will have a table called
bad_behavior which houses the bad behavior logs. It won't show up until something is blocked.
Bad Behaviour shows blank pages ∞
The 2.0.10 and 2.0.22 versions were tested and just show blank pages on MediaWiki. The solution is to add this:
require_once( "$IP/includes/DatabaseFunctions.php" );
bad-behavior-mediawiki.php at the top, just underneath the initial