I don't really care about this, but I do use it occasionally to cut apart videos.
Quite straightforward to use for simple video editing and appending. It took me almost no time to learn.
Good for transcoding.
- there is also
- there is also
- 2021-02-17 - 2.7.6 (
Avidemux_2.7.6VC++64bits) on Windows 10
2020-06-26 - 2.7.4 on Devuan_beowulf_3.0.0_amd64
- Can't get audio working because I don't have OSS or PulseAudio
- 2020-03-02 - 2.7.5 (
Avidemux_2.7.5VC++64bits) on Windows 10
2019-10-31 - 2.7.4 on Debian 10.1.0-amd64-xfce-CD-1
- Using its new 64bit universal AppImage.
2019-10-25 - 2.7.3 on Windows 10
- And various earlier versions, for some time now.
- 2016-03-26 - 2.5.4 on Lubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
- 2009-05-23 - 2.4.3 on (distribution not recorded)
2009-01-18 - 2.4.1 on (distribution not recorded)
2016-03-26 - 2.5.4 ∞
(no notes were taken)
xbox 360 transcoding ∞
On the left, choose these from the dropdown boxes:
- video: MPEG-4 avc
- audio: AAC (Faac)
Playing the video, the properties say:
2009-05-23 - 2.4.3 ∞
Edit > Preferences > Audio > Audio output: SDL
Shit, it can't read/edit most movies which MPlayer can play just fine. Bah!
- I might try kino, but it takes 25 minutes to import a video, and its crop function is fucking stupid. I can't even figure it out.
- Why in the hell can't it save over top of my currently-editing file? That sucks.. it should fake it.
It can't remember the current working directory, it keeps defaulting to
2009-01-18 - 2.4.1 ∞
- Best to not use it, because it makes lots of assumptions on the normal dialogues.
When opening the videos I've worked with so far, it needs to take a bit of time to process them. There should be an option to make it not ask me about that, and just do it right away if I wish.
- I might have found a preference for this. I'm not sure.
- When saving something I chopped up, it asked me for a "q factor" which makes no sense to me.
- Cannot use the bar to hop around while it's playing. You have to stop it to use it. Fail.
- How come the player is awesome in avidemux, but when playing it normally gMPlayer has to "rebuild" the picture from mottled blobs?
Cannot double or fullscreen the player.