TODO - add my notes
A BitTorrent client.
- 2017-11-06 - 2.92 (Qt) on Windows 10
- 2017-07-07 - (version not recorded) (GTK+) on Devuan-1.0.0-jessie-i386
- 2016-12-26 - 2.84 (14307) (GTK+) on Devuan beta1
- 2016-11-07 - 2.84.9 (14386) (Qt) on Windows 10 64bit
- 2016-03-28 - 2.84 (14307) (GTK+) on Slackware 14.1
- 2016-03-26 - 2.82 (GTK+) on Lubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
2016-02-16 - 2.84.5 (Qt) on Windows 10 64bit
- I got it from http://sourceforge.net/projects/trqtw/
- (date not recorded) transmission-gtk 2.22 (12099) (GTK+) on Linux (distribution not recorded)
- (date not recorded) - (version not recorded) - I've used it on the CubieTruck
- (date not recorded) - (version not recorded) - I've used it on the Raspberry Pi
- 2012-09-03 - I've been using this since before 2012-09-03.
2010-11-25 - Transmission replaces Deluge.
2017-11-06 - 2.92 (Qt) ∞
- This is the "official" client. I was using an earlier port.
- Seems to work just fine
- It has its own tray functionality, yay!
Fuck me, I forgot the Qt version doesn't allow mass-adding trackers.
- This is a major problem. Maybe I have to get into editing the magnet link directly, to add trackers. Ugh.
I thought maybe I could mass-add using the browser interface, but it isn't compiled in. Sigh.
2016-12-26 - 2.84 (14307) (GTK+) ∞
After all this time, it still does not honour queue changes.
Unable to save resume file: File name too long ∞
This is most likely to occur if your dotfiles are in a location encrypted by eCryptfs.
source=~/.config/transmission/resume new=~/transmission-resume \mv "$source" "$new" \ln --symbolic "$new" "$source"
2016-11-07 - 2.84.9 (14386) (Qt) ∞
Local (unofficial) release (shows version 2.84).
ANNOUNCEMENT: The Transmission project will ship Windows binaries (different from these releases).
ANNOUNCEMENT: There will be no 2.9x or later version from this project.
I don't see a reference to Windows binaries on the official Transmission website.
.. seems to work just fine.
2016-03-28 - 2.84 (14307) (GTK+) ∞
I installed this using slpkg:
\slpkg -s sbo transmission
2016-03-26 - 2.82 (GTK+) ∞
transmission-gtk 2.82 (14160)
I installed this from Lubuntu's repository.
I can't move an item up/down in the queue and have it remembered on next startup.
(date not recorded) transmission-gtk 2.22 (12099) (GTK+) ∞
I noticed that throttling failed!
It went somewhat-uncapped, where my upload speed was around double what it should be. I carefully checked all global settings and then checked every torrent. All settings were correct.
This may be responsible for my ISP resetting my connection on me.. I'm not sure.