A classic/vanilla World of Warcraft server with additional modifications.
While it looks like it has hope, it fails because there are no quest markers on the minimap, so I don't know where to find quests. I don't want to re-live that part of things.
- Discord > https://discord.com/invite/mBGxmHy
- GitHub > https://github.com/slowtorta/turtlewow-bug-tracker/issues
- Instagram > https://www.instagram.com/turtle.wow/
- Reddit > https://www.reddit.com/user/tw_torta
- YouTube > https://www.youtube.com/c/turtlewow
The website lets you register, but there's no motherfucking login feature listed.
- Blizzard: It launches with insane graphics, and shows the cutscene for the only time with that resolution.
- Blizzard: There is no functionality to change graphic options before logging in.
- Fucking bullshit.
- It auto-joins a guild for new players. Ugh. I guess that's a nice idea.
- Blizzard: There's this regular "plink" sound. Apparently it's the tips concept, and the exclamation point for them is pretty easy to miss.
- Blizzard: Is there no hotkey to interact with the target?
- There appears to be some sort of transmog system, but the icon / toast reward window for it seems to be cut off at the bottom of the screen. Maybe it was developed for the original low-resolution version of the game?
- Sometimes quest sounds happen twice.
- When talking Deputy Willem (Human starting zone), the quests don't have exclamation points or question marks; they're just yellow dots.
Is there no hotkey to compare an item with what is worn?
Blizzard: It doesn't save my password; annoying.
Usage and troubleshooting ∞
Changing video options ∞
If you have a second monitor, then you may not be able to change resolution or change to windowed mode; instead the screen will go black.
- Exit the game
- Unplug the second monitor
- Re-launch the game
- Log in
- Change the video options
- Plug in the second monitor
- Re-launch the game
I think it's possible to manually edit
SET gxResolution "1920x1080" SET gxWindow "1" SET gxMaximize "1"
TODO - version
TODO - notes
- World of Warcraft addons
2004-11-23 - World of Warcraft 1 (Vanilla) addons